Diablo® III

Experienced lag in the BETA, will it continue

As the title suggests, I experienced some lag issues in the beta, but assumed it was more than likely just because it was a beta. So prior to tonight I have basically cleaned out my computer of anything that could possibly slow it down, just in case. I then updated my video driver as instructed by a pop up at the launcher saying I may experience issues. I am at 50ish% downloaded and am able to watch the opening cinematic, and while watching it, it is very laggy for me again. I am wondering if my laptop is just going to struggle no matter what I try and do to it. I was able to play WoW on high settings so I assumed the device I have would be just fine for D3. My laptop is a Toshiba L775D-S7107 and it has an AMD Radeon HD 6520G. Any advice or answers would be much appreciated.
Reply Quote
BUMP Someone who knows something about PCs read my driver specs and let me know if that is good enough.
Reply Quote
BUMP
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I am wondering the same thing. Is the actual retail version going the optimized to run better?

I played ok on amd mobility radeon 4200 (i know its not very low end card) but it was playable but slow. Is there any chance the retail might be a tiny bit better than the beta?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
My friend has a pretty good laptop that is a couple of years old now. When he played the beta he had the same sort of "lag" issues as yours. He found that it was because he was playing the game while it was still downloading.

So while the game will allow you to play while it's still downloading stuff, I would suggest letting it get to 100% before you start trying to play.

Another friend of mine basically found the beta unplayable and he never let his computer fully download the beta as we played. It did appear like he was lagging to me too, but I would assume this is the same issue.

Just let it fully download the game before you start playing it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]