Diablo® III

ALL INSTALL Error suggested fixes.

85 Human Priest
Having an OS/CPU error that's not allowing you to install the game? After having this same issue and finding a fix, I'll list all of the fixes I've found that have worked for me or others:

1. Click Start > All > Windows Updates, and DL ALL of the updates in there, even if they seem unrelated. You may have a service pack update hidden behind the others. Follow all the steps and don't take shortcuts.

2. Restart your computer (I'm sure many of you have tried this).

3. Go into your files, select the folder (wherever you put it) that contains the Diablo III setup.exe file. Right click the file > select the Compatibility tab > UNCLICK where it says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and DO NOT select an option. While in this window you can optionally click the Run as Administrator button, too. Click Apply, then retry the set-up/installation. (THIS ONE worked for me!)

Edit: If your box is unchecked already, check it and find the compatible option for your computer from the drop down box.

4. If your program is stuck on a specific portion, you may have to uninstall and start over again. If it continually gets stuck (mine sometimes said Program Not Responding) it may work after a few minutes, be patient; if it does not work, try doing the setup file from a different Web browser (i.e. Google Chrome, IE, etc.).

If anyone else has any suggestions, or has seen fixes PLEASE post them here. I'm trying to help condense all of the Help advice to one thread to make for easier viewing/assistance. Thanks!
Edited by Aeternia on 5/14/2012 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Didn't work for me, goodluck others though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have tired fix after fix, I'm almost at the point im about to just delete it, I have NEVER had a problem installing a game this is just ridiculous.
Reply Quote
It is ridiculous I agree. Personally I feel an official apology is in order from Blizzard.

This is no small number of people, some technically inclined as well, that have had issues.
I'm out of the clear for now, with a solution(s) I found in the eu forums.
Although, it should not be this complicated.

For those that haven't had a single issue, congrats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]