Diablo® III

Error 12

I'm getting error 12. I got my D3 from the WoW thing. My country of residence is set to Australia. On Europe servers it's telling me I don't have a licence.
Reply Quote
My guess is you should play the asian server (its closer) than the other 2. You may be totally locked out until they release global play, as there is no server for the south pacific.
Reply Quote
I'm also getting error 12, but it seems like I'm under the same dilemma as other Americans who are abroad. Way to support the home team, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
oops sorry shigy, for whatever reason australia is lumped in with north america (do they know how far that is?). So you will only be able to play with americans until they enable gobal play. FYI, USA servers are not up yet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My country of residence is set to Aus. Shouldn't I be logging on to the asian server. Why do I also get the "no license attached" error? This is bollucks.
Reply Quote
Well what's lame is I live in the UK and yet my account is flagged US because I moved from the US. So I can't play now at 1:47AM in London even though I'm trying to log onto Europe. Lame crap.
Reply Quote
I'm a bit mad about it because I'm receiving the same error message and I live in Korea. I downloaded the Global version so I can play with my friends in the States, but my IP and physical location are in Korea. I think it sucks that I'm not allowed to play on the Asian servers when I LIVE IN ASIA.
Reply Quote
same here. live in NZ, just got game, installed. got error 12. why is this happening, why they made it online. I want play the game !@!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
This is extremely annoying. I am currently based in Europe, even though my account is flagged as a US one. Will have to wait 4.5 more hours to play.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
AU and much of SE Asia is flagged for the US servers. For everyone flagged as US they need to wait until the US servers come up. Global play will be enabled some time after release but they have not said when. After that you can play with friends anywhere in the world.
Reply Quote
If your Battle.Net account doesn't reflect the country in which you live, then submit a ticket to have it changed, with proof of your address - there's a sticky, changing home country.

If you live in Australia, you have to play on the US server which goes live in 3.5 hours. If you try signing into the wrong server...you'll get the error that means "No license on this server".

Global play will change that, but it's not enabled yet.

Also, 'global edition' is what everybody has - it means nothing. The installer you chose means nothing. The only factor on what server you can log into....is your home country in your battle.net account.
Reply Quote
And I'm guessing proof of address and all that will take longer than the few hours we have to wait...otherwise, everyone would have changed it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Very bad choice of error message wording on Blizzard's part. "You can't play yet" would be better than "This battle.net account does not have a Diablo III license attached to it. (Error 12)".
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
so if i have the global version, can i sign in using asia server?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
No you can not. Global play is disabled right now. You have to wait for your home region to come up.
Reply Quote
i am getting this error as well.. any fixes.. bout CE game instore australia and have confirmed that is added to my battlenet account online...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]