Diablo® III

Invalid Installation Options.

As stated in the title I am getting the following after scrolling down and hitting accept to run the install...

Invalid Installation Options.
Please try again.

Anyone getting this or know a fix besides re-downloading all over again? My search results were mainly for Beta clients and have found no fixes
Reply Quote
Where were you trying to install it to (what folder, the full path)?
Reply Quote
Ive tried changing it to several different locations but the default and first I was trying is:

C:\Program Files (x86)

Its where all my games are :/
Edited by Preacher#1600 on 5/14/2012 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
well full is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III
Reply Quote
Yeah I have tried to change the location to just about everywhere...

being EST atleast I have more time to deal with the launch BS since our midnight launch is actually 3:00 AM >.<
Edited by Preacher#1600 on 5/14/2012 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well anyone know if I can still cancel or get a refund for the digital purchase?

I would have just bought a physical copy if I knew the download would be this horrible.

I cant get passed this error or find any fixes/workarounds
Reply Quote
Can anyone... anyone at all help me?
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 02:33 PMPosted by Vegaz
Can anyone... anyone at all help me?

bump
Reply Quote
It took me a few hours to finally be able to install mine. Been reading all the posts (in which I realize you are in most of them), tried their advice but to no avail.

I'm using windows 7 64bit, and finally managed to install by activating the hidden administrator account, and installed in in the default path (seems changing it other folder caused it to fail as well)

I hope that works for you!
Reply Quote
Same here, can't install on my 2011 macbook air
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm also getting the same error when I run down and hit the accept key:

Invalid Installation Options. Please try again.

I'm using Windows 7, Home Premium 64 bit.

Edit: I tried right clicking the D3 launcher icon and running as administrator and it didn't work, still getting the error.
Edited by Astaldo on 5/15/2012 5:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I found a fix. I right clicked on the D3 launcher icon and chose a windows option to "see if this program was compatible" it turned out I had a service pack or something that wasn't. The fix took a minute to download and windows fixed it. If you are still struggling with this error, you might want to try it, this is what I found:

Diablo-III-Setup-enUS is incompatible.
Fix application Diablo-III-Setup-enUS Completed

Provides steps to fix the incompatible application.
CompatMode
CompatMode
# WINXPSP2

UserVerifySolution
User Verification of Solution
Verify_YES

Detection details

Collection information
Computer Name: ****-PC
Windows Version: 6.1
Architecture: amd64
Time: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:10:01 AM
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just got home with my CE and am getting this error. I deleted the folder it said, tried different paths for install, ran as admin in various ways, did the windows fix and tried running comp modes etc and deleted the beta. Not sure what else I can do...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The help links on the German page are all 404 not found also... and most info is pre-launch. It's now a day in or so and I can find no other info. Can I call bliz to help or something?
Reply Quote
Thanks Astaldo, installing now
Reply Quote
I found a fix. I right clicked on the D3 launcher icon and chose a windows option to "see if this program was compatible" it turned out I had a service pack or something that wasn't. The fix took a minute to download and windows fixed it. If you are still struggling with this error, you might want to try it, this is what I found:

Diablo-III-Setup-enUS is incompatible.
Fix application Diablo-III-Setup-enUS Completed

Provides steps to fix the incompatible application.
CompatMode
CompatMode
# WINXPSP2

UserVerifySolution
User Verification of Solution
Verify_YES

Detection details

Collection information
Computer Name: ****-PC
Windows Version: 6.1
Architecture: amd64
Time: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:10:01 AM

How do I get to this?
Reply Quote
Opening the disk from "My Computer" and running the .exe file as an admin worked for me. Now I get to wait a thousand years for this huge game to install :-)
Reply Quote
If you guys are still having trouble, go to your download folder and move the setup file to the folder you want the install done in, then install and set path to that folder, Just did it and it worked
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]