Diablo® III

Client region question

Hi, I just realised that my game client is GB, when I assumed (stupidly) that I had downloaded the US. I'm from Australia, so I will be playing on the US servers.

Updating this post:

I've installed the GB client and have been able to change the region in the options to "The Americas", so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to play on US servers with the GB client.

My only concern now is whether using the GB client will cause me any other problems. Will it affect my "home" region, or make me locked into the EU RMAH?

Also, if I start playing on the GB client then download the US client in say a weeks time, I'll still have all the same characters, right?

Thanks
Edited by timiny#1462 on 5/14/2012 4:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Go into the launcher and hit PLAY, once at login go into your settings, see if THE AMERICAS is selectable and use it as your server, if it isn't, then you likely need the US download.

If you can use it, then play on.... and your characters are saved on that server, so yes you should be fine, but now would be the wise time to fix it.
Edited by Badfinger#1431 on 5/14/2012 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Hey,

I have the exact same issue. Though were you able to install D3 with the EU setup file? All I get is an unexpected error. I also noticed on the download page for my client it was set to English (EU) and not English (US). I'm not 100% sure but I think you will have to re-download the US client installer and re-download :(
Reply Quote
Go into the launcher and hit PLAY, once at login go into your settings, see if THE AMERICAS is selectable and use it as your server, if it isn't, then you likely need the US download.

If you can use it, then play on.... and your characters are saved on that server, so yes you should be fine, but now would be the wise time to fix it.

Thanks, I'll try that.

05/14/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Mooxxs
I have the exact same issue. Though were you able to install D3 with the EU setup file? All I get is an unexpected error. I also noticed on the download page for my client it was set to English (EU) and not English (US). I'm not 100% sure but I think you will have to re-download the US client installer and re-download :(

I can actually help you with that. I think you're getting the error because you didn't download the new fix for the enGB client.

Go here http://www.diablofans.com/ then scroll down until you find "New EU English Installer". Download the installer then direct it to the folder that contains your D3 client install folder. It will check your installer, then download about 50mb extra that fixes your client.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Thanks Timiny, it fixed my error message. Now here's hoping having the EU version installed won't effect anything to do when only playing on the US region. I don't really want to download the 8GB again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Thanks, I'll try that.

05/14/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Mooxxs

I can actually help you with that. I think you're getting the error because you didn't download the new fix for the enGB client.

Go here http://www.diablofans.com/ then scroll down until you find "New EU English Installer". Download the installer then direct it to the folder that contains your D3 client install folder. It will check your installer, then download about 50mb extra that fixes your client.

That last part actually fixed it for me, When I pre-downloaded back in march it was the enGB installer downloader and now the account page has the enUS installer (Not downloader) Once the game loaded up I went to Options > Account and was able to select "The Americas" for Region, Language is stuck as English GB instead of US but that's not biggy

Thanks timiny
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

Thanks, I'll try that.

That last part actually fixed it for me, When I pre-downloaded back in march it was the enGB installer downloader and now the account page has the enUS installer (Not downloader) Once the game loaded up I went to Options > Account and was able to select "The Americas" for Region, Language is stuck as English GB instead of US but that's not biggy

Thanks timiny

When I opened my game it had Americas region already selected but as you said the language is English (British) which is not an issue at all. Technically our language is English-British (for Australians). We don't say mom we say mum lol. Now just to wait until 5:01pm :D
Reply Quote
Awesome, glad I could help you guys!!

Now I'm just wondering: could there be any other implications as a result of using the enGB client instead of enUS? Like, might it affect your "home" region, or make you locked into the European RMAH region?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I don't think it should effect us. If I'm correct it will check your IP to see where you come from.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-global-play-faq;jsessionid=7DEFFBDB2A51208C3B201BD4FD50B884.blade35_08_bnet-support

Scroll down until you see section "Can I use the auction house in other regions?"
Edited by Mooxxs#1836 on 5/14/2012 4:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ah yes, that looks like it answers my question completely, thanks for finding that!! I'm stressing a bit too much, I think we are all wanting this day to be perfect, I need to take some deep breaths lol >_>
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Haha I hear ya man! No problem, I wasn't too sure also when you stated that. I hope I'm right though lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]