Diablo® III

Finished the client, sitting at 0% install

85 Human Death Knight
05/14/2012 03:27 PMPosted by TiznaraN
cause its not in your Program files its in program DATA

fml - well here's the good news, it installed without me having to delete that folder since I'm too excited(retarted) to read properly

well lets hope we are all as lucky :) *crosses fingers*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've downloaded the Game Client again then redirected it into the folder where my 7gb of D3 is then ran the client.

It started from 0% for 5min then jumped to 10% later on installing the other 8gb.
So I guess its working for me?

Hint: Remember to set the Region from EU to US.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
When are we going to get a fix for this issue???
Reply Quote
My installer sat at 0% for a while, then jumped to 6%, 9% etc etc, so it seem to update its progress in segments.

Guys try making sure your not installing to or *from* any weird directories that have long pathnames, or directories that may cause file access issues such as Program files (yes its happend with Kerbal as an example).

My advice, if you have your installation files in program files that's likely your problem, try placing your Installation files into your documents folder, like the blizzard down loader suggests in the first instance I think.

It did a huge jump from like 36% to 70% if I remember correctly, and then it downloaded the patch and presto, ready.

The installer is quite slow, patience is key.
Edited by GoldX#1933 on 5/14/2012 4:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
I'm stuck at 1%... been looking at the Diablo III.temp folder... went from 83MB to 1.03GB after about 30 min., but still says 1%... I'm hopeful that something is actually installing since it hasn't given me an error at this point.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
My game just finished installing, it was at 0% the entire time. When my D3 folder got to about 7.68GB, I closed my installer, and when I opened it again, it installed properly. I'm not really sure what happened, but it jumped from 0 to 25% in a couple of seconds, and finished installing pretty quickly.
Reply Quote
I got the same issue. I downloaded the predownload file that was provided after I purchased the game online. That was a ~7mb file and it downloaded the remaining 7.something GBs. Then when I tried to install, it said outdated OS (etc) even though I have win 7 and I almost blew my lid. Luckily I just went to the blizzard account dashboard and downloaded the ~30mb launcher and bam it worked fine.

Maybe you got the wrong launcher like I did?

Edit: It's making me redownload everything, even though I have all 7 something gigs downloaded already. I wish I could just move the files over and have the launcher acknowledge my download so I won't have to do it all again
Edited by Guccimayne#1292 on 5/14/2012 4:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Just tried it on my laptop and exact same thing happens. It is not doing anything in the background. There is no folders created at all. Re download the launcher deleted battle net folder still nothing.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Tungabear
Just tried it on my laptop and exact same thing happens. It is not doing anything in the background. There is no folders created at all. Re download the launcher deleted battle net folder still nothing.

Have you tried Right clicking on the installer and select 'Run as Administrator'.

Disable any spyware defense or antivirus software while you install, for example Defense+ on Comodoo Internet Security can interfer with installations.
Edited by GoldX#1933 on 5/14/2012 4:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
I cant run my set.exe as admin, the files haven't unlocked yet. Does anyone know what i could do?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
05/14/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Tungabear

Did you not even get a temp folder in your program files?
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Thagani
I cant run my set.exe as admin, the files haven't unlocked yet. Does anyone know what i could do?

Do you mean that you cannot run the installer under administrator mode, or that you cannot install yet due to the meteor still falling message?

This thread may be relevant to you.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4927183800?page=2#36
Edited by GoldX#1933 on 5/14/2012 4:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
No temp folder, tried running as admin compatibility mode all that and still nothing. No virus scanner running
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
When i click on it to try run it it says something like "windows cant open it, it needs to know what file created it etc etc' then asks to open with a programme from a list or search the internet for one. i asume this happens because it isn't unlocked yet or something?
Reply Quote
That sounds like your trying to run a program that was designed for a 64bit Windows, when your using a 32bit Windows.

It also (god forbid) could be a sign that the .exe is corrupt, try deleting the setup file itself, and try re-running the blizzard downloader, it should re-download the file for you and solve any further issues.

The installer should read the following:

"Diablo III Setup.exe"
Edited by GoldX#1933 on 5/14/2012 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Ill give that a shot, thanks for the advice :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Finally got it to start working, i went into the battle net folder and found every exe file and change them to all compatibility mode win xp sp3 and run as admin. Now I am at 1%
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Can't get this to work. Did everything I could. Any chance I can cancel my Annual Pass?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
No temp file being created too.
Reply Quote
I seem to be having the same issue. Tungabear's frustrations seemed to be the closest to my own, so I've been following his advice pretty closely. Just changed the setup.exe file to compatibility mode to see if that does it.

*edit* Should also point out that I pre-downloaded, started installer, deleted everything (I assume the "battle.net" folder everyone is referring to is just where you downloaded your content as I have no hidden bnet files), re-downloaded content, and started installer again. Still nothing.
Edited by MrBlastotron#1219 on 5/14/2012 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]