Diablo® III

Finished the client, sitting at 0% install

OK This worked for me and i hope it does for all of you!! This is what i did.

I Right click my Diablo III Setup>Properties>compatibility>checked the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" (Windows XP) Service Pack 3 then Ok.

THen I ran my DIablo III Setup again with administrator then my launch started working and downloading from 1% and so on.. to 100% . I hope this helps some of you having the same problem where you are either stuck on "setting up files" and stuck @ 0% in the game launcher.

Happy gaming!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
How many installer tomes are we supposed to have btw? 3 or 4?

Three, i've just checked my folder.

Ah! There is my problem most likely! And the downloader is taking 2 hours so I definitely was missing something. Thanks man! Had two part 2's and one was still a .part
Edited by Dystopia#1304 on 5/14/2012 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
OK This worked for me and i hope it does for all of you!! This is what i did.

I Right click my Diablo III Setup>Properties>compatibility>checked the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" (Windows XP) Service Pack 3 then Ok.

THen I ran my DIablo III Setup again with administrator then my launch started working and downloading from 1% and so on.. to 100% . I hope this helps some of you having the same problem where you are either stuck on "setting up files" and stuck @ 0% in the game launcher.

Happy gaming!

What OS are you running?
Reply Quote
Windows 7 home premium x64-bit I am not sure windows VISTA has Service pack 3
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Priest
So, I had Read a thread saying to try Compatibility mode, SO i did and it fixed my Problem, I then read NOT to do it, So i cancelled Install at 5%, turned off Compatibility mode, Ran as Admin and it is now downloading, Do you think my game is going to be effed!!!?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/14/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Flowsqt
So, I had Read a thread saying to try Compatibility mode, SO i did and it fixed my Problem, I then read NOT to do it, So i cancelled Install at 5%, turned off Compatibility mode, Ran as Admin and it is now downloading, Do you think my game is going to be effed!!!?

Just turned compatibility off as well and going steadily at 2% currently thanks for the post!!!!
Reply Quote
another fix that worked for me for the stuck at 0% issue

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5008660954
Edited by Riktam#1158 on 5/14/2012 8:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well now on the other side, I'm running Lion on my Mac and I started installing this thing last night around 10 pm. It's 6 in the morning now where I'm at and it has been stuck at 5%. I looked at the folder and it says 1.5 some gigs, but still, over 8 hours it only installed that much. What the hell blizz. We need a solution for Mac to.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Ok i got it working after alot of messing around

i was lucky enough to have the pre installer i copied all the data to the folder that where the new install would go
c:\program files\Diablo III\
copied everything there and then ran the setup again and WAM its instaling!!!!!!@#!#!@!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
if you have troubles with Diablo 3 setup being stuck at 0%, deleting any diablo folder in C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Setup may help.
Reply Quote
My OS is server 2003 enterprise which is the same as XP x 86/ XP 32 bit.

First fix, if you are stuck on updating then you need to go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data and delete the battle.net forlder.

Once you get past that then you can install the game. Unfortunately, for XP users you may get stuck on 0 percent install and the game will not install.

To fix this I had to take an unconventional method but it worked for me. I basically had a laptop with windows 7 on it. I installed d3 there and then I took the C:\Programs\Diablo III folder and copied it to a portable hardrive. I then transferred the folder onto my server's c: drive into the programs folder and ran it.

I know this is not the greatest fix but it works perfectly. To blizzard coders. Why do we need to introduce coding which blocks people from installing on a legitimate OS. This code is extremely annoying as its only purpose is to prevent installation. If it installs and works then good. If it installs and does not work then darn. Please at the very least, let it install.
Reply Quote
@Fearless J: You are a god amongst men.
Reply Quote
Installer got stuck at 77% for 3 hours, so I closed it, then it wont launch. Wont uninstall. Cannot launch anything not as it says "cant find essential files"

This is so frustrating.
Reply Quote
For anyone still experiencing install issues including getting stuck at a certain % using Windows 7, this was my solution and it worked perfectly.

First I will say that if you download from the disk, you only get to see % downloaded. It doesn't give you your mb/s internet speed or GB left to download but using battle.net Diablo III Game Client, you can see all of those things.

I got stuck at 52% for 3 hours using the disk but there was no clue as to what GB you were at in the download just %. I started it over and the same thing happened only I did not wait 3 hours the second time. After about an hour at 52% again, I had a light bulb go off remembering that Windows 7 needs to run everything as administrator and I also decided not to use the disk and downloaded the game client from battle.net. After you select the windows button at the game client and it downloads the file, when it asks you to run it click cancel. Open up the start menu and select owner then downloads. I found the diabloIIISetup download and right clicked and clicked run as administrator.

I have now successfully installed Diablo III using this method without getting stuck at any %, not even once and it only took right at about an hour for the whole install process.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
ok. i broke down and went out and bought a copy of d3 today because my interwebs is to slow to download the copy i got from subscribing to wow. yes thats how bad i want to play. i get home and try to install on my laptop and i get an error. cant find some program. after about 42314321 restarts and everything i could think about under the sun i decided to install it on my desktop....nope! i finally have the installer up with the awesome sketches and dialogue with the cool story but it is sitting at 0%. but when i check the properties of the d3 folder it continues to climb started at 6mb then next time i checked it was 1g then 4.53g and on and on. sooooooo wtf is up. does anyone els miss that days when you could put the disc in hit one button and poof you could play. now you need a redicoulus amount of patches and updates o and high speed internet which i have but still. i mean i should be able to dl offline -_-.....help me....youre my only hope.
Reply Quote
I'm having this same problem on my macbook pro. The installer is stuck at 0% for close to an hour now. I havent tried much else other than quitting and reopening the installer. Any suggestions????
Reply Quote
My installation stuck at 81.7% for half an hour before I tried to close it. The icon was already on my desktop when I close the installer, and the window just closed without a warning. Then I runed the launcher again, it starts from 81.7% and now it's already 84.4%. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]