Diablo® III

max % thorns damage returned without gear?

with "ignore pain" and the "contempt for weakness" rune we're returning 50% of 65% of the enemy attack. would that be raised to 100% of 65% with the "tough as nails" passive? if so that's a 65% return of enemy damage with ignore pain active. is that the case? also, are there addition thorn sources in barbarian builds i have not found?
Edited by vsympathetic#1431 on 5/14/2012 3:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Probably not reflected damage is not the same thing as the Thorn stat. At least that would be my guess.
Reply Quote
does anyone have info on if any thorn-like ability is effected by the passive, or just those effects specifically labeled as thorn?
Reply Quote
Dont you find reflect boring? Seems redundant to me to just reflect damage back at them instead of create your own raw and powerful damage.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
Thorns damage on gear isn't a %. It's a fixed value so it's completely independent from the skills you mention. I think the passive only works with the gear.
Edited by Hoff#1748 on 5/14/2012 6:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Asraemj: variety is the spice of life ;) i cant wait to do some smashing with my barb, but it seems handy to have some thorny goodness to fall back on. i can imagine a fallen swinging a sword at me and having it bounce right back at him off of my giant heaving pecs.

i suppose this thorn business falls in the real of "wait and see"..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]