Diablo® III

Can't delete Diablo 3 Launcher from taskbar

Installed the game and pinned Diablo 3 Launcher to taskbar. It's a blank icon and I can't remove it. Anyone know a fix?

Btw, you just want to pin to taskbar "Diablo 3" application, not the Launcher
Reply Quote
I couldn't even get the launcher to pin to the taskbar. I got the application pinned and removed by right click >>remove from taskbar. I am guessing you have tried that one and thats why you posted here. Maybe its a glitch and a restart might fix?
Reply Quote
There is no way to fix this, I've tried just about everything, including restoring the folder to a previous version from days ago, and the icon is still there.
Reply Quote
safemode
Reply Quote
Right click Diablo icon on desktop and click "unpin from taskbar"
Reply Quote
I did the same thing. I was able to fix it. Just pin the d3.exe not the launcher. It will still launch the launcher.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4927184058

TLDR. If you select the D3 exe in the start menu you can right click that one and "unpin" should be there.

Excellent, that worked, thanks!
Reply Quote
I did the same thing. I was able to fix it. Just pin the d3.exe not the launcher. It will still launch the launcher.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4927184058

TLDR. If you select the D3 exe in the start menu you can right click that one and "unpin" should be there.

Thanks
Reply Quote
What should someone do if there isn't an "unpin from taskbar" option, even when accessed from the start menu? This is my issue.
Reply Quote
u rock!
Reply Quote
Go to the start menu search function and search for diablo iii, then, right click on diablo iii under the programs menu, then click remove from taskbar.
Reply Quote

Thank the heavens! That worked for me after numerous failed attempts at other workarounds.
Edited by PhilliePhan#1265 on 8/22/2012 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/22/2012 10:09 AMPosted by PhilliePhan

Thank you, this solution helped for me as well for SC II. I did not have the right click dialogue so finding it in the start menu worked like a charm. Thanks again.
Edited by Diddy on 10/28/2012 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
64 Goblin Mage
Thanks! I've been wondering what the issue is with this for a long time, since I don't even play Diablo 3 much at all anymore..I'm thinking Blizzard wants to enslave people and will not let their influence wane so easily, they want people to have to stare at their !@#$ even if they don't play it..SHAME ON THEM.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 05:10 PMPosted by BinaryStar
Right click Diablo icon on desktop and click "unpin from taskbar"

You are a god among men. This was really pissing me off! Thank you so much!
Reply Quote
Hi I'm having a similar issue but with mine the old launcher before I got the expansion RoS is still on my taskbar and i can't figure out a way to remove it. When i bring up the game through the start menu the option shows pin to taskbar. So I don't know how to remove the old launcher. Any ideas???
Reply Quote
Thanks! Had the same issue, and that's solved it for me :-)
Reply Quote
thank you everyone, had a similar issue and this fixed it quicker than anything else I had tried for the last several months!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]