Diablo® III

Why remove Griswold's Edge?

I mean it was in the beta for awhile, got removed which is understandable since they didn't want legendaries to show up in beta, but why scrap it completely? It already had a unique model, decent stats for its level range but nothing so great as to make people constantly reload for 30-40 minutes just to get it since by that time you'd be past the SK and finding much better stuff. Having it drop specifically from the anvil of fury instead of a random chance from monsters was also cool and set it apart from other items, it was more of an easter egg than a serious item, which was fine.
Reply Quote
It seems they made more items than they think they should have. The game was just too content rich, so they just lopped off a bunch and figured they can throw it in the expansion pack. Classy.
Reply Quote
I think it is strange to get rid of a traditional item like that as well. Maybe it will show up in a patch or expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
Items are not the content. :/
Reply Quote
Maybe it hasn't been removed? Are you sure that they listed all of the items in the lists online?
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Sildas

WHAT??!?
Reply Quote
View profile

lulz bash even said the item hunt is the core of the game
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I'm sure it will return in a patch or expansion. While level 60 Legendaries will be the main objective after "Perfect Rares" I'm sure they'll still throw in a few low level ones over the next 6 years.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/griswolds-masterpiece is probably its replacement, no?
Reply Quote
Are people just looking for stuff to complain about? Wheres enigma? Wheres etc? come on
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 02:50 PMPosted by ElevenEleven

lulz bash even said the item hunt is the core of the game

lol if it weren't for the items and finding them you would beat the game and be done with it.
Reply Quote
The sword is still in game, however it has been "reduced" from legendary to a magic item instead.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I was gonna say, I bought Griswold's Edge from a vendor in Tristram, and got rid of it again pretty quickly as I found better.
Reply Quote
I was able to find the sword in grisowolds old building. sitting on the anvil. not very good, but brings back good memories of that town
Reply Quote
I also found it lying on an anvil, in Griswold's old shop... but it's worthless...

I kept it just incase...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]