Diablo® III

Unable to install on B drive

So this bug was reported during the Beta but apparently wasn't fixed.

The Diablo 3 installer will not allow you install the game to a folder on an A: or B: drive. This can cause a problem for folks who run their OS off of a small SSD at C and who place most of their game files on a larger HDD at B.

There is a workaround for this which goes as follows:

1.) Temporarily change your B: drive letter
For Windows 7 users
-Open your start menu.
-In the search box type Disk Management .
-From within Disk Management select your B: Drive and right click it and choose Change Disk Letter or Paths on the context menu.
-Change your drive letter to something other than A: or B:. I chose X:.

**After doing this a number of programs will act screwy and many of your shortcuts will temporarily break**

2.) Install Diablo 3 to the location of your choice within the X: drive using the installer

3.) Go back to Disk Management and change your drive letter back to B:

Hopefully Bliz will get this straightened out as the workaround is a chore.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Mine is E: and I don't see an option to install on it. How do I choose to install on E:?
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
It's also possible to:

1. Install on another drive and then move the Diablo III folder to your A or B drive

2. Map a drive letter to a folder in your A or B drive and then install the game on the mapped drive.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/map-a-drive-letter-to-a-folder-the-easy-way-in-windows/

Either that or permanently change your A or B drive to another letter so you dont have to deal with this ever again.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 5/15/2012 7:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]