Diablo® III

installer asked me to activate

i didn't buy digital copy, i'm getting CE

so when it asked to press "go to activate" or "it's already activated" i just pressed "it's already activated"

i chose this because i don't even have my game yet, but now wondering maybe i should of pressed "go to activate"

is this ok? anyone shed some light?

ty
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
The "it's already activated" option should only be used by people who have an active copy of D3 on thier battle.net account. You would have this if you have the WoW AP or a Digital Download. From the sound of it, you already have a version of the game downloaded from your account management (unless you got the setup files from somewhere else). You will be able to upgrade that account later by entering the CE key via the Upgrade option in Account Mgt.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 5/14/2012 3:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ok, so i guess where it says "pre-order diablo 3 digital" it will just say "Diablo 3" or something? then chose upgrade on that? sort of like other games right now are?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Your post confuses me a bit because it sounds like you already installed the game but have not done a digital purchase and don't have your CE disks in hand. Where did you get the game files? Maybe I don't want to know. Scan for malware if you got them from a third party site!

Otherwise, it does work like the other games do. At the top of your account page is a menu. Go to Games and Codes. The top option will allow you to upgrade an existing account to CE (assuming you purchased the digital one). If you do not have the digital version already active then you will get a pop up on the installer that takes you to the web page and prompts you to enter your CE key. If you went past that already then that same Account Management menu will also allow you to add the CE code as a new game if you don't have the digital pre-purchase.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]