Diablo® III

Diablo 3 installer not using available files.

I moved the Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer files from my old hard drive to my new ssd.

When the time finally came Diablo 3 started to re download everything. The folder was 7.6GB and the folder in the program files was 7.75. The Diablo 3 client has been downloading 8.3 GB of stuff and since downloading 2.06 I was able to log in and watch the cinematic. The folder in the program files has been jumping from 7.75 to 8.4 and back.

For some reason Diablo 3 isn't using the available files to install but is instead downloading new ones. Considering my slow speed I won't be able to play with my friends on release so I am trying to figure out a way to get the already downloaded files to work.
Reply Quote
The new launcher/downloader didn't even ask for a folder prompt for me so I'm stuck doing the full 8.13 GB and thisll be the 4th time. What we get for being impatient, but they could have saved themselves a lot of trouble by just keeping the servers off and not doing this time-lock crap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]