Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
90 Orc Warrior
I download everything and when i open diablo III and hit install an error msg comes up saying "unexpected decryption error occurred, please contact customer services" i have a windows comp anything I can do to fix this problem?
1 Human Priest
I was having this issue, looked at everything, then did this :-
1) Seperate the Beta Setup files. For some reason it was looking to install into that Folder, no idea why. I moved them all clear, onto a seperate drive, External Seagate. Even though I manually changed the install path, the Folder it opened was wrong.
2) Looked up troubleshooting guide. Said if your setup/folders have anything call .part in them your missing some of the install and too run the Intaller again. Did that. Seemed too change a folder. Advised to close all broswers. Closed all my browsers.
3) Ran the Diablo Installer. It connected, looked for Updates, did a super small download. Before all it had done was crash and give the error message, maybe 7-8 times I tried. This time it worked.
4) For some reason...it worked. It brings up a Message saying I have to Activate the Diablo 3 copy on Battlenet. Logged into Battlenet, went to Account, opened Dianle 3 Download. Its patching now.
Maybe this will help someone and I will keep this open if anyone has a question.
Not saying I am the King of IT, but, this worked for me and its running now.
Ok I just got this problem but managed to sort is within 10 mins. Originally I was trying to run in from one of my storage drives (not where my OS is stored) and was getting this error. I copied the file to my main drive (ssd where my OS is) and tried to run it from there. This time I got an error saying there is not enough space (although there was) finally I tried to run the installer from my storage drive WITH the installer also on my main drive (just sitting on the desktop) and it worked.
Hope that helps.
DO not redownload...I just had the same problem but eventually (even at 100%) it will take a while for the installer to shut down and the .part file to be complete. Leave your computer open for like 10-15mins and the installer will pop up on its own!
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.