Diablo® III

An unexpected decryption error occurred

90 Orc Warrior
I download everything and when i open diablo III and hit install an error msg comes up saying "unexpected decryption error occurred, please contact customer services" i have a windows comp anything I can do to fix this problem?
Reply Quote
yes im having the exact problem, i have predownloaded the 7.6gb but i have that error. and when i download the new downloader, i have to re-download 8.12gb. can someone please shed some light on whats the solution to this?
Reply Quote
This is happening to me as well
Reply Quote
Same here. Please advise
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
again same problem. Help!
Reply Quote
It tooked 1hour to finish last 1% of downloading and now I am getting this error too.
Some advice would be helpful
Reply Quote
i have the same problem aswell :(
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
I was having this issue, looked at everything, then did this :-

1) Seperate the Beta Setup files. For some reason it was looking to install into that Folder, no idea why. I moved them all clear, onto a seperate drive, External Seagate. Even though I manually changed the install path, the Folder it opened was wrong.

2) Looked up troubleshooting guide. Said if your setup/folders have anything call .part in them your missing some of the install and too run the Intaller again. Did that. Seemed too change a folder. Advised to close all broswers. Closed all my browsers.

3) Ran the Diablo Installer. It connected, looked for Updates, did a super small download. Before all it had done was crash and give the error message, maybe 7-8 times I tried. This time it worked.

4) For some reason...it worked. It brings up a Message saying I have to Activate the Diablo 3 copy on Battlenet. Logged into Battlenet, went to Account, opened Dianle 3 Download. Its patching now.

Maybe this will help someone and I will keep this open if anyone has a question.

Not saying I am the King of IT, but, this worked for me and its running now.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
I got the error message because i moved installer icon to the desktop and took it out of the folder. If you put the icon back in the folder then run it, it will work just fine. Worked for me anyway
Reply Quote
Ok I just got this problem but managed to sort is within 10 mins. Originally I was trying to run in from one of my storage drives (not where my OS is stored) and was getting this error. I copied the file to my main drive (ssd where my OS is) and tried to run it from there. This time I got an error saying there is not enough space (although there was) finally I tried to run the installer from my storage drive WITH the installer also on my main drive (just sitting on the desktop) and it worked.

Hope that helps.
Reply Quote
i have the same problem! think its the part file thing so just deleted it all and going to let it re download the whole lot again (3rd time)
Reply Quote
DO not redownload...I just had the same problem but eventually (even at 100%) it will take a while for the installer to shut down and the .part file to be complete. Leave your computer open for like 10-15mins and the installer will pop up on its own!
Reply Quote
yeah i had it downloading over night and was done well befor i woke up, but will try again and report back in about 4 hours
Reply Quote
Same problem. anyone managed to fix this?
Reply Quote
This just happened to me, after fixing two previous errors. This is my 4th attepmt at downloading. This is getting beyond a joke.
Reply Quote
This game is out 1 day and allready a lot of people are having a lot of issues!
I have the same problem for some reason!
Reply Quote
This is pretty pathetic to be quite honest..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]