Diablo® III

Updating Setup Files.. NOTHING WORKS

85 Undead Priest
I've tried to turn off my firewall, accept the process, run compatibility, EVERYTHING
and Nothing works!

I've freshly reinstalled the launcher and all 3 times now, none of the agents help

I really need help on this!
I've even downloaded and deleted the battle.net folder, it doesn't work either

I NEED a blue post on this, very seriously!

(Edit: If it helps, I get a brief message of "Launching Blizzard Launcher" but then it cancels itself out and it goes back to updating setup files)
Edited by Eastice on 5/14/2012 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I am experiencing the same exact issues, ive gone through all of the tips and tricks as well but am stuck on the updating setup files bar!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
At least I'm not the only one, something is very seriously wrong.. and I can't figure it out for the life of me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
the download bar is stuck right underneath the n in updating, has been this way for way too long
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Do you have the Secondary Logon Service enabled?
Reply Quote
Do you have the http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903950606" class="bml-link-url2">Secondary Logon Service</a> enabled?

Yes, i have tried every mode several times
Edited by Mizarus#1641 on 5/14/2012 4:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
yes
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I have had this exact error during install of teh Beta, and teh MoP beta -- both time previously, I was able to overcome by deleting the battle.net folder and killing the agent.exe and any launcher.exe processes.

NOTHING is working -- and yes, I have Secondary Login Service enabled and started.

I get hung up at one of three points -- right now, it's below the word 'files' -- sometimes it's one third in and others about 95% across...

Please help
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Same problems here. Secondary login service is enabled, set to automatic.

I can get the thing working with SP1 compatibility, but of course, the game won't install or run like that. So that's another dead end.
Reply Quote
i managed to download the agent from a friend but i still get Agent errors when i try to launch the game

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #1 (0x13370001) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.954\Agent.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0023:10001B40

The instruction at "0x10001B40" referenced memory at "0x0684F8D2".
The memory could not be read.

Crashed Thread: 0x00001fe8

Project: 19130001
Build: 954
Project Name: Agent

before that i had the same error but with the Agent 524 instead
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
SUCCESS!!

I killed the Agent.exe file while it was stuck -- this seemed to make it work -- I had to do it twice... after the second time, the green bar went to below 'files' (from 95%), then it completed (after sitting at 95% again for about a minute).

Do NOT kill the Diablo Setup process -- Kill the Agent process and the Diablo Setup process will continue.
Reply Quote
Thank you Velnrak, i have been searching everywhere to find a fix it worked thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I was having this exact problem, and the fix suggested by Velnrak took care of it. Make sure the service is actually started, not just enabled.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Do you have the http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903950606" class="bml-link-url2">Secondary Logon Service</a> enabled?

Would love an update, this has been reported since earrrrrrrrrrrrrrly this morning but no one has said anything about it, that I can find, having the same error, followed all these little steps.......... would love to be able to play with my partner when release drops.............
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
*sighs* Here we go again. I am yet again STUCK at Updating Setup Files. I tried all the steps and nothing is pushing it past that...
Had the same issue with MOP beta could never get that to work.. Is this going to be the same as that? ._.
Reply Quote
where is the blue i i
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Look at my post above -- I have done all the steps -- including the secondary login enable AND STARTED -- but it wasn't working.

Kill the Agent.exe while it's stuck -- nothing else -- the window will not close, but it will start working.
Edited by Doppler#1805 on 5/14/2012 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Shocktor I have done that about 8 times now and its not moving..
._. so yeah I have done that
Reply Quote
Also, make sure you guys are letting it run. It took over 10 minutes for it to finish on my system (which is a brand new gaming machine). It is not a fast process by any stretch of the imagination. The bar may not move for long periods of time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]