Diablo® III

Updating Setup Files.. NOTHING WORKS

85 Human Paladin
Same with the Agent.exe, killed it once, waited.... killed it again... waited... killed it a few times in a row waited... and nothing was happening at all.... and still nothing is happening.
Reply Quote
Look at my post above -- I have done all the steps -- including the secondary login enable AND STARTED -- but it wasn't working.

Kill the Agent.exe while it's stuck -- nothing else -- the window will not close, but it will start working.

Didnt work for me either, agent.exe just crashes enventually
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
05/14/2012 05:24 PMPosted by VincentLaw
Also, make sure you guys are letting it run. It took over 10 minutes for it to finish on my system (which is a brand new gaming machine). It is not a fast process by any stretch of the imagination. The bar may not move for long periods of time.

Well, I've let mine run for a good 2 hours, thinking the same thing "it's not a fast process" however.. I'm still stuck JUST before the N in updating.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
05/14/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Sularia
Same with the Agent.exe, killed it once, waited.... killed it again... waited... killed it a few times in a row waited... and nothing was happening at all.... and still nothing is happening.

Are you doing this while it is still saying 'updating setup files...' ?

That window has to stay open... it paused/moved back each time I killed the agent.exe -- you know it's working if the icons on the desktop blink a little.

Give it a minute each time you kill it.
Edited by Doppler#1805 on 5/14/2012 5:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
05/14/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Sularia
Also, make sure you guys are letting it run. It took over 10 minutes for it to finish on my system (which is a brand new gaming machine). It is not a fast process by any stretch of the imagination. The bar may not move for long periods of time.

Well, I've let mine run for a good 2 hours, thinking the same thing "it's not a fast process" however.. I'm still stuck JUST before the N in updating.

Earlier today, I let it run for 4 hours -- it didn't budge...
Reply Quote
i got trough now iam stuck at Updating Tools 0% and Agent.Exe crashes again
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I did this fix here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4511762211

and now i'm at Updating Tools 99%... still no play.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
05/14/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Sularia

Same here.. Been stuck at the exact same spot for well over an hour now.
I have killed the agent.exe several times and nope won't work.
So unsure of what to do now
smh
Reply Quote
Task Manager>Process>Kill Agent.exe *32

Restarted the installation processes, it moved along quickly and the Diablo Launch screen popped up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
yea, sry shock, your solution isn't really working for me either, i had the same problem with the MoP beta and d3 beta so never bothered with them
Reply Quote
Just going to toss this in the ring, I was having the same issue, but went back and deleted the entire Diablo III Beta folder from Program files and then had to kill the Agent.exe program once, but that worked it all out for me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
05/14/2012 06:04 PMPosted by duck
Just going to toss this in the ring, I was having the same issue, but went back and deleted the entire Diablo III Beta folder from Program files and then had to kill the Agent.exe program once, but that worked it all out for me.

the thing is, theres no d3 beta or d3 program file for me to even delete, i am talking about the actualvery first little guy that pops up says updating setup files with a ticking "..." its stuck on that and yea ive done pretty much everything asked
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
05/14/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Nguyenwhen

the thing is, theres no d3 beta or d3 program file for me to even delete, i am talking about the actualvery first little guy that pops up says updating setup files with a ticking "..." its stuck on that and yea ive done pretty much everything asked

Same thing here. I had the same problem with MOP beta. People told me to delete files.. Thing is there were none to delete. Now I am having the same issue with D3. Almost to the point of saying forget it ._.
Reply Quote
make sure you delete the battle.net files in program data everytime you run the setup it creates a new one so you gotta delete it again, and also download the new streaming installer from battle.net
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I am also having the same problem. And have also done all of the previously mentioned steps. Been at it all day.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Was having exactly the same problem and Shocktor's fix wasn't working for me. I've deleted everything 'diablo' from my PC and the registry, deleted C:\ProgramData\Battle.net redownloaded the setup file and it was still apparently stuck at 'Updating Setup Files...' (NOTE: I don't recommend you go and delete all that stuff, it was unnecessary)

'Screw it' I thought and logged into WoW. Noticed my latency was really bad and guessed that maybe 'Updating Setup Files...' was actually downloading stuff. The memory used by Agent.exe process in task manager kept growing so I figured it was doing something. Anyway kept playing WoW for 10 mins and then noticed my latency dropped back to normal. Alt+Tab and hey presto there's the Diablo III launcher.

Check the memory usage of Agent.exe in Task Manager. Is it moving?
Run anything that has a latency monitor/check. Is it higher than normal?

If the answer is yes to both then you should probably let 'Updating Setup Files...' run for a bit (check again in 5/10 minutes).

If the answer is no then do what Shocktor said and kill Agent.exe. DO NOT KILL ANYTHING ELSE. The setup process should be left as is, it'll pick itself up.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I have done it all. Everything. I'm sad now.
Reply Quote
Been having the same problem with my PC. Not sure why but my bf told me to manual start the agent program before starting the installer and it went perfect after that.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Go in to your ProgramData folder, click 3 Agent.exe's (one-by-one as administrator) then try the installer again. I tried to fix this problem all day, and that's what finally did it. If you still have issues, try uninstalling all antivirus software and disabling windows Firewall if you don't know how to make exceptions.

PS - Secondary Login service MUST be started for the installer to work.

Edit: ProgramData can be found in the C: (or whatever your root drive is) and is hidden in Windows 7. Show hidden files and folders to view this.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1873 on 5/14/2012 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]