Diablo® III

Updating Setup Files.. NOTHING WORKS

I tried several times to delete Agent.exe and it did not work. Then I looked closer and I had 2 loaded (without the launcher running). Removed them both and it worked fine after.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Uninstall the beta version in your c drive. set secondary login to auto and restart pc. worked for me after being stuck on about 40% of updating setup files.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
SUCCESS!!

I killed the Agent.exe file while it was stuck -- this seemed to make it work -- I had to do it twice... after the second time, the green bar went to below 'files' (from 95%), then it completed (after sitting at 95% again for about a minute).

Do NOT kill the Diablo Setup process -- Kill the Agent process and the Diablo Setup process will continue.

thanks.... i had to kill the process twice and waited a bit then it finished. I had to wait a couple of minutes after i killed the process the second time but it worked. I have a rather fast... pc so you might have to wait longer.

Task Manager>Process>Kill Agent.exe *32

and make sure the secondary login service is running as stated above by blue.

also, i deleted the beta before hand, not sure if that helped or not.

"Are you doing this while it is still saying 'updating setup files...' ?" Yes.....

one other thing i did i forgot to mention. On the diablo 3 setup file i right clicked, then properties tab, > security tab, and it said it was blocked by my system because it was downloaded from another computer, so i hit the unblock button.

do all this i said IN REVERSE ORDER and i hope you get it going for ya.
Edited by Sillyrabt#1427 on 5/14/2012 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I give up. Nothing I have tried worked. Should it be this hard?
Reply Quote
just for any of you that may have the same issue I had, i was trying to run everything in safe mode networking only. (seeing as i had tons of issues just downloading the game)

decided to boot normally, update my drivers (even though they were already updated), do my windows updates (even though they were irrelevant) and ran the installer in compatibility mode for win xp sp3 and less than 15 seconds and im able to go forward with none of these updater freezing issues etc.
Edited by xmattix#1174 on 5/14/2012 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
After trying numerous fixes with none of them working, I just deleted the diablo 3 folder in program files and it worked instantly.
Reply Quote
I have tried all the suggestions here and nothing works. I really hope this issue gets resolved.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 07:21 PMPosted by PainofMind
After trying numerous fixes with none of them working, I just deleted the diablo 3 folder in program files and it worked instantly.

Thanks for the idea but it didnt work either ><
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Do you have the http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903950606" class="bml-link-url2">Secondary Logon Service</a> enabled?

This worked for me. Thank you so much Blizzard Tech Support!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Nothing working for me either. I've done everything listed on all the posts on technical support from secondary logon to delete battle.net programdata files to compatability modes to firewalls to everything. I'm so frustrated and sad. Blues? Hello? please help :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Do you have the http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903950606" class="bml-link-url2">Secondary Logon Service</a> enabled?

This worked perfectly.

I applied it while setup was updating, then launching, and updating again, etc., and all of the sudden, bam, installer pops up :)

Thanks! Good luck to those who are having problems.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
still no dice on the finding a solution
Reply Quote
Why is this happening?! Seriously, why? Blizzard please. I have tried every solution in this thread and that I've been able to find and NOTHING is working. Can some blue PLEASE JESUS CHRIST PLEASE post something more than a 3 word solution than doesn't even work for the majority of the people that are having the problem.

Like this is an extremely anticipated big company game, this kind of stuff should NOT be happening. I have two people playing with eachother behind me. WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!
Reply Quote
Okay literally 5 minutes after typing that I've finally gotten it to work. But I still can't say an exact clean fix. All I could say is it was some combination or killing the agent process, which would sometimes bring the progress bar up to 90% and change the message the "Launching Blizzard Laucher..." Then progress would REVERT back to 60& and the setup files message.

It literally felt as if I had to force it to work after I finally got to the launcher after a series of killing the agent process, launching the agent executable and restarting my computer. Even then my first trip to the launcher ended with it telling me the process failed and the launcher closed. After which I'm ashamed to say I had a small !@#$%-fit.

Upon trying again after cooling off however setup files were quickly updated and I'm currently installing the game. Like a said it was a VERY sloppy fix, but still not as sloppy as Blizzard has been with this whole situation.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
hour #2 on hold with blizz with this issue... ill get back to this post if I get any fixes.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Bumping again, for justice.

This is a real issue; one that needs to be fixed as soon as it can be. I'm not sure what prompted the change from the old installer that WoW and SC2 used to this one but holy hell! What does this agent file bring to the table aside from a myriad of bugs and errors?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
same here , tried everything, EVERYTHING!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have literally tried everything I can find about this issue and nothing seems to be working.

Yesterday, I installed the game completely and even launched the game and got the login screen. Today, when I tried to start the game, I got this wonderful bug.

How can the game work one day and then not work the next?

Blizzard, this is very frustrating especially considering you have delayed the game so long to "make sure it's polished".

Please fix this as soon as possible.
Reply Quote
Secondary Logon - works for me. Thx =*
Reply Quote
This worked for me on Vista:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21699449 copy the whole battle.net file over the existing file in your C:/Programdata/Battle.net
after that, http://patchup.info/d3/tools/Win/ and aply both patches.
Then finally run the D3 setup as admin.
Game is installed and running atm.

Gl all
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]