Diablo® III

Still can't install.....ten hours later

40 Goblin Mage
Does anyone care that I can't install this program and paid $60 for it. I tried to download the game client. It tells me "unexpected error has occured contact support." I tried to install the game through the installer downloaded from last night. It tells me "please install the disk or download digital version."

Anyone have any ideas?
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Foost
Does anyone care that I can't install this program and paid $60 for it

Nope.
Reply Quote
if you live in the U.S. try downloading the U.S. version, don't download the Europe-English. Happened to me a couple of hours ago, redownloaded the U.S. version and I got it working
Reply Quote
Does anyone care that I can't install this program and paid $60 for it. I tried to download the game client. It tells me "unexpected error has occured contact support." I tried to install the game through the installer downloaded from last night. It tells me "please install the disk or download digital version."

Anyone have any ideas?

Your best bet is to delete everything diablo 3 related, then go to your battle.net account.

Dont click on your registered copy of diablo 3, but rather go to your list of linked games. on the right hand side of the screen you will see a list of options, one of them is "download game client". Choose diablo 3 and verify your DoB. Click your corresponding operating system, and the game will install as it downloads. This will take some time depending on internet speeds, but at least you will be good to go when it completes.
Reply Quote
16 Goblin Rogue
Yea do the above. I downloaded the original client and like everyone else it's messed up. So I deleted everything, and downloaded the new client and so far so good
Reply Quote
i had same problem. just download the game client to the same folder you did before.
Reply Quote
Dunno if anyone else did the same, but I pre-downloaded the client ages ago and had moved the diablo3 setup file to my desktop as a shortcut.

I found when trying to install via the shortcut I recieved the same error message you described, however when I went into the actual folder and ran diabloIII setup it worked without any problems.

Didnt have to re-download or anything
this may or may not be the case for you, but thought id try and help anyway.
Reply Quote
"unexpected error has occured contact support."
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Artrion
Does anyone care that I can't install this program and paid $60 for it

Nope.

This.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
It tells you to contact support, but instead of doing so, you wait 10 hours, and post on the general forums.

Despite this, you are somehow surprised your problem has not magically fixed itself? If i could, I'd erase you from the human gene pool, and everyone related to you as well.
Edited by Conundrum#1987 on 5/14/2012 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

Anyone have any ideas?

Download the blizzard downloader again, if you downloaded before may 12 it means you're missing a small 50mb patch. With the new blizzard downloader it should patch the download and you'll be ready to install.
Edited by Irisviel#6508 on 5/14/2012 5:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support probably cares. The forums don't give a shiz. That's why it says contact support and not contact community forums.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't call the dude racist. That is a bit harsh, but you can call him impatient.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
contact support

Do what they have said above, if that doesn't work do what you said.
Reply Quote
If you live in Canada, the actual problem is a little more hilarious.

It seems, if you are Canadian, your default client was set to the enGB... or, the Great Britain client, which is causing errors when trying to install.

Redownload the client, and make sure your language is set to US English.
Reply Quote
Thx a million, it works for me
Reply Quote
Download the client related to the language you want the game to use. They all can connect to whatever server. If you spell things like the Brits, then download the EN-GB version - it doesn't work any better or worse than any others....it just has different spelling.
Reply Quote
I can confirm that Canada issue listed above is correct. I had the same problem until he told me.

*tips hat to Valcarde*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]