Diablo® III

battle tag issue

my bro has a problem, first time he managed to get past the usual errors since launch in eu, he was redirected to web site to create a battle tag.
so he made one, but now, it is still redirecting him every time he tries to log in, even though on the site there is no option to make one, but is instead already displayed properly, like mine is.

also he cant post on forum since he requires a battle tag:P

is this a known issue or can more complications be expected?
Reply Quote
Hi Videx3, I am having the exact same problem when loggin onto EU servers from the UK.

I have created a thread on the Mac technical problems. No replies yet but your brother is not alone with this issue.

If you want to have a look: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5007330696

Hopefully Blizz will sort this out, although considering how busy they must be....
Reply Quote
Almost the same problem here.

I created a tag yesterday, but D3 still redirects me to my account page. Although I can post in the forums (*wave*) and it knows my correct tag ID.

I hope it's just some sort of sync issue.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I am having the same issue... logged into D3 and it redirected me to create battle tag... so i made one... went back to log in and the same thing pops up over and over again... so i have a battle tag now and i cant get in cause it says i dont.... went into account management and it says i have battle tag... its driving me nuts
Reply Quote
I was able to circumvent the issue by changing my server settings from Europe to The Americans. The US server accepted my BT and I was able to login there.

Switching back to the EU servers showed that the issue persisted there, though.
Edited by GAGAExtrem#1148 on 5/15/2012 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i am having nearly the same problem. It says i do not have a battle tag. clearly i do
Reply Quote
I just changed my battle.net password and it seems to have fixed the problem. I can finally get past the 'you need a battle tag' loop. Enjoy!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]