Diablo® III

Updating System Files....still....

86 Dwarf Hunter
I've finally downloaded the launcher and now I'm stuck with 'Updating System Files'. I've looked in to some problems people have been having and I just can't seem to fix it. I have Windows 7 (64 bit). If anyone can please help me with the problem that would be fantastic. Thanks!
Reply Quote
same problem here!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
They'll happily take our money, but when we need support for 64-bit, they're no where to be found. This is also happening to me during the installation of the retail version downloaded from my Battle.net account.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
*sigh* same...
Reply Quote
same here... been trying since 8:00AM....
Reply Quote
I had errors installing on WIN7 64bit... till I disabled my virus scanner and ran the DOWNLOAD and INSTALL as administrator.
Reply Quote
Try one of the existing threads about installer problems - there are posts in Blue giving suggestions. If you aren't installing as administrator, if you have disabled a required service on your computer, or if you have antivirus-antispyware software that is blocking it.....it's not going to work until you make a change.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter
05/14/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Hubris
Try one of the existing threads about installer problems - there are posts in Blue giving suggestions. If you aren't installing as administrator, if you have disabled a required service on your computer, or if you have antivirus-antispyware software that is blocking it.....it's not going to work until you make a change.
I've done all of this and still...nothing. My setup just sits at about 25% and doesn't ever move.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Clearly everyone isn't having this issue. But it seems as though MASSES of people are, myself included. I have tried every work around from every blue post regarding this and every solution that has been posted on the English speaking internet in the last couple of days. NO LUCK.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
ALRIGHT, so, What I did was went to C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

I then clicked on the Agent folder, and deleted it completely.
Then moved on to the Setup folder, and deleted Diablo3_enus

Then I crossed my fingers (important step DO NOT SKIP! :P)
then I ran the launcher again, and it worked perfectly, it stops for a small period now and again, and it updated slowly (instead of like on MY computer) but it worked.

I am figuring all this out for my wife... no clue why it's logged into her account on these forums on my computer, but hey :)

Hope this works for you guys!!!
Edited by Uno#1118 on 5/14/2012 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter

then I ran the launcher again, and it worked perfectly, it stops for a small period now and again, and it updated slowly (instead of like on MY computer) but it worked.

I am figuring all this out for my wife... no clue why it's logged into her account on these forums on my computer, but hey :)

When I open up my C drive I literally have no ProgramData...
Reply Quote
What a fiasco this is.

Not enough money from WoW, huh? Still need more funding to put together a decent, functioning digital download process.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

you have to show hidden files
Reply Quote
What a fiasco this is.

Not enough money from WoW, huh? Still need more funding to put together a decent, functioning digital download process.

99% of the problems are user end not vendor end.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Starsky

On Windows 7, the ProgramData folder is hidden. You will need to unhide in the organize/folder options.
Reply Quote

it's a hidden folder you need to go into view and set it to show hidden folders
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter

it's a hidden folder you need to go into view and set it to show hidden folders
Nice. Worked perfectly now. Thanks everyone!
Reply Quote
I have to problem on Two Computers in my house... one of them was fixed but the other one wasn't... I need both working by tomorrow. Im literally about to just give up on them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]