Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Launch

90 Worgen Rogue
Just posing a curiosity here.. The Diablo 3 login screen says that the game will not launch until 12:01 AM PDT, while the World of Warcraft launcher clearly states that the "Midnight launch event kicks off at 8 PM PTD 05.14.12" why would they state it this way?
Edited by Juggaloninja on 5/14/2012 9:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Either a typo or they're doing something IN WoW at that time (I don't play WoW).

It is DEFINITELY starting at 12:01 AM Pacific Time, which is a little over 3 hours from this post time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The "Midnight Launch Event" refers to the parties/events happening in STORES.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/press/pressreleases.html?id=5246638

In the US, the official launch event will be hosted by Blizzard and retail partner GameStop at:

The Great Wheel Court of the Irvine Spectrum Mall

71 Fortune Drive

Irvine, CA 92618

Festivities will start at 8:00 p.m. PDT on May 14. Gamers in attendance will enjoy an epic evening of entertainment before Diablo III goes on sale at midnight, including a variety of giveaways; an exciting selection of Diablo-related video footage; and multiple contests with exclusive Diablo III-themed prizes, such as laser-etched desktop PCs from Intel. In addition, members of the Diablo III development team will be on site at each of the official events to meet with players and sign their copies of the game.
Edited by Solder#1630 on 5/14/2012 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Like I said, just posing a curiosity... VERY misleading though and the anticipation is killing me.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Yes, that is a real life event in Irvine, CA :) They even give the link to the mall where it is held.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]