Diablo® III

Compensation!!!!

Also never played WoW...I did not know all of you were Blizzard Arch Angels....why would a solution that helped every single customer of this game be a bad thing for Blizzard or us? The market place in the first week will be only full of low lvl items which will be undervalued for them to take a cut in the profit during this time would be minimal effect and most people will be stashing there loot. For people who may be at 15gb+ in bandwidth loss I know would appreciate it but I guess a half hearted apology will be enough...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG this is totally ridiculous....ya know most games aren't available to play until the stores open on the day of release, I vote we sue over that as well
Reply Quote
i dont care about compensation.
i just wanna play this awesome game again ^^
4h out now..sucks.
Reply Quote
The number of people complaining on the forums about issues (legitimate bugs) is less than 0.01% of the people who bought the game. That isn't going to get you any compensation, period. Bugs happen in nearly every game launch of this scale, doesn't matter what company it is.
Reply Quote
Blizzard used the pre-install as a marketing tool my complaints are completely valid. Time wasted is money wasted...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
05/14/2012 09:39 PMPosted by cyrax
I guess you live in USA right ?

hey now, don't throw us ALL under the bus, just because the majority of americans are..... you know what... nevermind.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Not from around here are you stranger?

Also I dont understand what you mean by lack of communication? I see about a dozen stickies and half of them are for troubleshooting. You mean you want Blizz to personally answer you? They are a little busy at the moment. Its tough to make a install that will work perfectly for everyone because everyones computers have different spec with multiple red tape a file probably has to go through. this is fairly common from what I've seen. GuildWars 2 was a pain in the but for me to download for beta.
Edited by Zuumaru#1540 on 5/14/2012 10:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You realize I have at least articulated my point, I am not American I am Canadian. Comments such as Shut up and Just straight insults are counter productive. I have voiced an opinion that will offer a solution to a technical problem that can not be resolved in a technical way tonight for many customers. I am not insulting Blizzard or saying I should be refunded for a game but there are certain expectations when a company is selling you a product. When you do not receive your parcel on time from Ebay for example you have the option to leave negative feedback. I have no qualms with the game itself but customer frustration needs to be dealt with in a constructive manner not ignored.
Reply Quote
It'd be nice if there were more than one or two people answering all these technical difficulties.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I just want some actual service.. 8 hours trying to install a game is just ridiculous.. one error to another
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 10:19 PMPosted by Invictae
HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG this is totally ridiculous....ya know most games aren't available to play until the stores open on the day of release, I vote we sue over that as well
Most games don't use it as a marketing tool to get more sales and not deliver...
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Dad
can we sue blizzard? The product is defected, yet refunds arent allowed.
There is no reason to take it that far...we all still want to play the game therefore we must still support the company and we will. My solution helps everyone, suing is a waste of time and money...
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 10:25 PMPosted by TheThrone
Blizzard used the pre-install as a marketing tool my complaints are completely valid. Time wasted is money wasted...

I'm assuming you're just a troll hoping to fill in the next 90 minutes. To that end: Are you nuts? You want Blizzard to compensate you for lost bandwidth? To do that, you would need to prove that you actually incurred a financial loss from the downloader issues. Go ahead and gather up your proof, because I'd love to see it.

05/14/2012 10:06 PMPosted by TheThrone
I did not know all of you were Blizzard Arch Angels....

Right, disagreeing with your ridiculous claim automatically makes us all FANBOIZ. Good call.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Dad
can we sue blizzard? The product is defected, yet refunds arent allowed.

You got a long, long way to go before you could ever call the product a defect. Of course, the fact that it's a software license and not a product is beside the point.
Reply Quote
There's alwasy someone who threatens lawsuit over hurt feelings for PC game launches. It's kind of like the Godwin Rule, but with gamer nerds and lawsuits rather than politicians and !@#$s.

Sorry OP, the amount of compensation you seek I make in a few minutes of work. Not worth my time or effort, but you can knock yourself out
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I say you jump off of a bridge and save us all the favor of slapping you upside the head.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
While this thread is 2 pages with (maybe) 2 other people that feel the same I'm also looking at another thread thanking blizzard that is 318 pages long and climbing...

I think you lost this battle.
Reply Quote
I'm assuming you're just a troll hoping to fill in the next 90 minutes. To that end: Are you nuts? You want Blizzard to compensate you for lost bandwidth? To do that, you would need to prove that you actually incurred a financial loss from the downloader issues. Go ahead and gather up your proof, because I'd love to see it.[/quote]

Unless Rogers keeps digital records of every downloads which they probably would not offer out in this case I would obviously be unable to prove financial loss but that does not mean it did not happen to me and many others. If they did not make such a huge claim about how this would save time and even offer it to WoW anual pass holders free (I am not one of them), the fact that it was used as a marketing pitch just annoys me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]