Diablo® III

Compensation!!!!

90 Worgen Druid
We are all in the same boat. Downloader being sluggish. Errors cropping up. Blizz not giving much info. I say yall just stop by my place. We'll order some pizzas, drink a few beers, maybe head down to the bar. By the time we sober up in the morning I'm sure a chunk of these problems will be worked out.
Reply Quote
If a multi-million dollar company isn't able to pull off a go-live, who is?

How's this crazy situation even possible?

blizz, I am disappoint
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
It is pretty funny.

Wait 10 years for game.

Buy game. Doesn't work.

lol....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
05/15/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Àegis
We are all in the same boat. Downloader being sluggish. Errors cropping up. Blizz not giving much info. I say yall just stop by my place. We'll order some pizzas, drink a few beers, maybe head down to the bar. By the time we sober up in the morning I'm sure a chunk of these problems will be worked out.

Do you have a gamecube and some Nattyice?
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 09:37 PMPosted by Bherethor
I say we don't.
Reply Quote
What exactly do you expect to receive as compensation? This game doesn't have a subscription, so there is no lost time. Furthermore, I can't recall a single Blizzard product launching smoothly on the first day, and to expect anything different is rather silly. Relax and be patient, the game will be there when maintenance is finished.
Reply Quote
Isnt the game fully downloadable on battle.net? you just need a cdkey right?
Reply Quote
Deus Ex 3 went pretty flawlessly. So did Skyrim, all of the Fallout games, and all of the Call of Duty games. I'm not really all that upset by this, but there really is no excuse for it.
Reply Quote
How hard is it to make a single player game ... for single player? Never mind the full servers. Problems like that should be expected for an online only game and sometimes you can't do anything if servers are actually overloaded.

But not being able to play a game on release day because of "full servers" when the game can be played offline is just ridiculous. I never played Diablo on battle.net. All i remember are lan parties and single player mode. That's what I was expecting when I put the money down on this game. Very disappointed for no offline single player mode. Yet i do understand the problems with bogged online servers on a games release day. I play WoW, i accept and deal with unforseen problems like this. But not for a game that is capable of offline single player mode.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Tek
What exactly do you expect to receive as compensation? This game doesn't have a subscription, so there is no lost time. Furthermore, I can't recall a single Blizzard product launching smoothly on the first day, and to expect anything different is rather silly. Relax and be patient, the game will be there when maintenance is finished.

I agree.. yes we've waited over a decade, but honestly, if you don't have to pay for a subscription to play the game what can you really cry about? I understand all the people that aren't able to fully install the game are upset and I would be too, but you know damn well that once blizzard sorts everything out it will be fixed. We all need to chill out and let them fix this and when they know something, we'll know too.

Can't wait to get online and play.. Keep up the good work blizzard
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I want compensation for all this down time I play single player and I should be able to play regardless of server
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Priest
LOL. It cracks me up to see my fellow WoW players cry about launch day server problems. A) Yes, this is an online game. Hopefully you read up on it and knew that before paying for it. If you didn't, consider this your lesson on being an informed consumer. B) Uhm not sure how long some of you WoW players have been playing, but back in the pre-launch days of BC, on my server, Kalimdor crashed nightly starting with the NPCs disappearing and not being able to get off the continent without a mage's portal-- And then when BC was launched Hellfire was a slideshow that crashed left & right the first day. Get over it. They'll fix it. Launch days can be tough. Oh and one more comparison-- I work in the cell phone industry. What do you think happens when Apple releases a software update/new iPhone???? Try not being able to use your brand new phone because you can't activate it-- the servers are too busy with the influx of people all trying to access them at the same time. It happens, it'll pass.
Edited by Shalya99#1180 on 5/15/2012 10:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 09:36 PMPosted by TheThrone
I say we petition for some form of compensation for the lack of communication, time, money, bandwidth, support, etc lost during tonight from Blizzard. In my opinion if they waved the %15 transaction fee to Pay Pal for the first week-month it might make a difference. Any other thoughts because this is pathetic after 12 years of waiting that I will not be able to join my friends at launch as well as many others you will get the jump start!!!!!

Considering you paid $60 for the game, the servers for the game will be up for app. 10+ years at the lowest, if you divide out the time for the downtime on the servers today I think you arrive to approximately 1/36,500th of a cent or so. Yeah, have fun collecting that.
Reply Quote
I say we get compensated since our avatars aren't showing up in forum posts! I demand 9% refund on all auction house gold buyouts, 12% increase in experience gains and free access to nightmare without completing normal..

Sheriously!
Reply Quote
Sometimes a website I like to visit crashes for a few hours and I call Qwest demanding that they wave my month's fee. If the internet would only have an offline mode, then we wouldn't have this issue. I mean, all it is is a series of tubes. How hard can it be to maintain? How does a multi-trillion dollar company like the internet let something like this happen?
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 09:36 PMPosted by TheThrone
I say we petition for some form of compensation

I say we petition you to shut up.
Reply Quote
Here we go again... Pay close attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

OMG lolol. <3 it

So true
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]