Diablo® III

EU client vs US client "unexpected error"

85 Human Priest
So I pre-downloaded the client a few weeks ago, and when I double click the installer, it sends me to the menu, I hit Install, and as soon as I hit the agreement, "An unexpected error" pops up.

Does this seriously mean I have to re-download the entire client again?
(Was reading, I may have downloaded the EU client and not the US client prior)
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
The regions do have to match. Are you an EU player? If so you should be on the EU forums :)

This can be caused by an incorrect region being set. To change Region to Americas just click on the 'Pre download game client' on the right hand side and after the age screen you can change from Global or EU to US.

There was an issue with some US accounts somehow downloading the EU client so people had to delete and download the US one. If what you want is to later play on the EU servers from a US account you will need to wait for Global Play to be enabled.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I had every intention in downloading the US client, NOT the EU client. I'm pretty effin' upset I have to completely redownload the client for the right region, just hours from the 'gates opening'.

Had I known, I would have begun downloading much earlier.......
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
On the good side at least they opened installs today so people had a chance to trouble shoot these things. Imagine finding out at launch time and having to start from scratch then! Good luck! Hopefully that fixes it.
Reply Quote
27 Human Paladin
There's other treads on this. but what I did. I had the installer .exe saved to my desktop for easy access. find the folder that has all the pre-DL files on it. and place the installer back where it was. after replacing the folder and .exe file it started up perfectly fine
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Jfl
There's other treads on this. but what I did. I had the installer .exe saved to my desktop for easy access. find the folder that has all the pre-DL files on it. and place the installer back where it was. after replacing the folder and .exe file it started up perfectly fine

I briefly looked to find anything, but I'll admit I was pretty impatient and pretty livid about this...and by the time I came to the threads, I had already begun redownloaded and I think it overwrote the original directory because when I tried just replacing the client it wouldn't continue. :/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]