Diablo® III

Activate my Digital Copy?

When I go to install my Digitally Downloaded Copy of D3.. I hit accept on the terms of agreement etc.. then it asks me to activate my game to my account with like a key or CD code key.. I digitally Downloaded the game and I don't see anywhere under my account where there is a CD key.. but under my account there is a Diablo 3 Icon.. does that meen it is already activated to my account? I just want to make sure I am doing this right! I bought the game so surely if I do need a code there is some way to redeem it? Any feedback is much appreciated.. thanks all!!! Only 3 hours and 20 minutes to go!!!!!!
Reply Quote

Go to: http://us.battle.net/account

Under "My Game Accounts" you should have Diablo 3. Click on it.

Under "ACCOUNT STATUS", it should say "ACTIVE". If so, you are good to go, and already activated.

The installer simply asks you to activate if you haven't already. So you can tell it you are activated, and it will proceed normally.
Reply Quote
Have the same issue, it keeps rejecting me. Says it's active but keeps giving me an error saying my disc has been rejected and asking for a game key, which as near as I can tell I was never given.
Reply Quote
Scratch that it's working now. Had to redownload it, but it's working right now.
Reply Quote
Thank you.. Mine is Active.. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer me!!! :-) Good luck to you tonight!!! AHHHH I CAN't WAIT!!! I just got a new 23 inch LG LED HD monitor and a new video card .. geforce GTX 560!!!.. the game is installed and I'm ready to go!!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I'm getting the message to activate on Battle.net as well, but then another window pops up saying there was an error and I could either try again or contact Customer Support. The installer then closes itself off. I've tried at least 10 times now with the same results.
My account says ACTIVE on the Battle.net website and still no good.
Are there any other suggestions which might help? Thanks!

Edit to add:

Got the box up now to tell it I have already activated and it goes to start installing but then the pop up appears for the error occurring and closes itself off. Going to try it a few more times then I guess if that doesn't work, download it again. 7.6gig download isn't a small deal so I'm not very happy about this. At least my new month starts on the 17th but it's really not acceptable to allow us to download early then have to re-download to bypass errors. Trying to just accept that this is exactly why you've given us the earlier window of time to install before servers go live, but it's so frustrating!
Edited by Ellyn#1201 on 5/14/2012 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
now this is just absolutely ridiculous....why the HELL would you let us download the client early....an all night download for most...when we have to delete it all and do it again??? WTF?
Reply Quote
...I accept the terms and conditions, then I have probably half a second to indicate I'm already activated before it errors out. I can't move the mouse or click fast enough to stop this, I usually just end up clicking OK on the error page.

PLEASE HELP!
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Ellyn, from what I can tell you have a region issue that can result in that error. Some people were defaulted to EU for some reason and had to go back and download again. Make sure you select Americas!

This can be caused by an incorrect region being set. To change Region to Americas just click on the 'Pre download game client' on the right hand side and after the age screen you can change from Global or EU to US
Reply Quote
Activation has nothing to do with you all's installation errors. Please read the other threads for your problem, or make a new thread.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Ellyn, from what I can tell you have a region issue that can result in that error. Some people were defaulted to EU for some reason and had to go back and download again. Make sure you select Americas!

This can be caused by an incorrect region being set. To change Region to Americas just click on the 'Pre download game client' on the right hand side and after the age screen you can change from Global or EU to US

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks very much for the suggestion, MissCheetah!

Edit: Installing perfectly now, thanks so much. Good luck to the rest of you!
Edited by Ellyn#1201 on 5/14/2012 9:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
...fantastic, this worked for me as well. My account was set to EU, changed it over to English(US) and now I'm on the install screen, I'll update and let you all know if it works after that!
Reply Quote
HAVING SAME ISSUE, I GUESS I HAVE TO REDOWNLOAD THE WHOLE GAME NOW...
Reply Quote
i activated d3 on this account but it does not work on my computer due to insufficent graph card so im going to give it away, the question is will they need this account to activate or is the disc and key code enough? any answers welcome
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
You can not trade, gift, sell or otherwise transfer a Diablo 3 account, or battle.net account, as per the TOU. Doing so will result in a ban. The CD key is a use once sort of thing so they can't re-use it.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-account-access-policy
The Battle.net Terms of Use detail what may and may not be done with a Battle.net account:

1. Only one person may access a Battle.net Account registered in their name, except in the case of one minor child and their parent or guardian.
2. Battle.net Account holders are liable for all activity on their account. This includes the activity of any minor child allowed to use the account.
3. Battle.net Accounts may not be transferred between individuals.
4. Account holders are responsible the confidentiality of their Battle.net account name and password.

TOU http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofuse.html

Account.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN THE ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO THE ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF BLIZZARD. Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift, or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void and may result in the forfeiture of your Account.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]