Diablo® III

Cannot log in - Battle Tag creation loop

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

During the Authentication phase I am asked to create my battle tag. I have done so but every time I log in I am asked to create one again.

When I click the link, it just takes me to my battle net account with my battle tag already created.

I am playing based from the UK and connecting to the EU servers just fine.

Any suggestions? Im dying to play the game.
Reply Quote
Same problem here.
Tag created, but D3 reminds me on login that a tag is required.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
If your home region is the US, you won't be able to log into other regions until all regions are live.

This is small step for me, but big step for humanity. Or something like that...
Edited by Machkhan on 5/14/2012 11:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My home region is the EU (on the account I am trying to log in with). So I am trying to connect from a EU account to the EU servers. I cannot post forum posts with that account since I dont have any characters with it.

I have recently tried it again and the message still comes up. This is 8 hours after my first post.

I believe all the servers are online by now, and I still have this problem. Is there a way I can fix this?
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
All servers are live, but Global play is not enabled.

But is this happening during the login after typing in your Battle.net email and pw on the login screen?

Reply Quote
Yes it is.

I type in my account name and password. I connect to the servers (the first step is with a green tick).

It then pauses on the second step for authenticating and the prompts me to create my battle tag. Clicking on continue takes me out of diablo and into my account page where my battle tag is already created. So I reopen diablo, but I am taken back to the log in screen to repeat the whole process again.

EDIT: I would just like to stress that I am logging on from an account where the home region in the UK and I am logging onto the EU servers.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this issue.
Edited by Pastrychef45#1965 on 5/15/2012 1:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Pastrychef, I am having the exact same problem, and I honestly don't know what Blizzard's problem is when it comes to important basic stuff like this.
Reply Quote
Its nice to hear im not alone with this issue.

Im sure Blizzard are busy with the launch, but I have waited 8 hours now since the issue started. Im sure by now their servers would have recognised that I have created a battle tag so I dont quite understand what is going wrong.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
@Pastrychef & Dartyn - Try again and see if it works. I've cleared your cache on our side.

Edited by Machkhan on 5/15/2012 2:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I not sure if it was the reset, but I have recently changed my password and tried logging in moments ago. And it works!

Thank you very much Machkhan, I am very happy this issue was eventually solved.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
I not sure if it was the reset, but I have recently changed my password and tried logging in moments ago. And it works!

Thank you very much Machkhan, I am very happy this issue was eventually solved.

The cache kill is also done by an update like a password reset, so you did the right corse of action :)

Reply Quote
me too!
I have registed battle tag but can not get into Diablo III on US server

i have bought D3 yet; i can log in asis server,but can`t log in US server.
when i log in the US server, Client told me to Creat a battle tag; in the website,i have Creatted the battle tag.
i use my friend account to log in,it`s ok. i don`t know what is the problem!
Reply Quote
Great ,it`s works.
Thanks Machkhan
Reply Quote
having the same issue...
Edited by maw#2983 on 8/20/2013 2:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i have made 2 battletags now and still will not allow me to login. i've changed pw and email still login says battletag required what do i do??????
Reply Quote
my bt wont take to my login and i tried cganging my pw what can i do to fix the problem
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
i am having the same issue please help i tried reseting my password didnt help
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]