Diablo® III

Press Play, Game does not launch

85 Blood Elf Priest
mispost
Edited by Bloodhawk#1896 on 5/14/2012 8:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll try uninstalling and re installing now see if that works.

Mines been working fine, no download issues, still got installer which worked perfect.... just suddenly stops launching the game. So wierd...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
i also uninstalled and now re-installing. i hope it works for when i get home from work tonight or bliz will have one un happy customer lol.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Lovera
my husband who was too lazy to download himself copied my d3 folder to his computer, his launcher still had to update, but he hits play and it launches no problem. how is that possible if he took it from me and mine doesn't launch?

That Sucks lol...... im sorry :(
Reply Quote
i do the same thing, i run as admin, brings up the screen i hit play, then after that i see the D3 banner for a matter of seconds then Bam i get "Diablo III was unable to initialize a streaming connection, which is required to...ectect"
i dont even have a firewall running, i even went to the extent of putting up the required ports onto my firewall then turning it on, didnt work, turned it off, still nothing. simply stressful
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Death Knight
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5007220838
came upon this thread fixed my problem as well. im running windows 7. GL!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I solved mine by deleting battle.net folder 3 times because my sister's comp kept getting stuck at updating setup files (sigh agent.exe). After it went through, i chose the same install folder back for diablo 3, this time when i click play, it launched. Now i am keeping her login screen up, don't feel like quiting because i have a feeling it won't launch again.

I know this solution might not work for all, but hope it help some.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
finally, i'm at the login screen. i got fed up and unistalled d3, then i went back to my setup file and ran it again to reinstall it. it did its thing installing and when the play button lit up i saw the banner! but i wasn't getting my hopes up yet. then the cinematic! i started to get really excited. now the login screen. thank goodness, it works and i don't have to steal my husband's computer now :p
Reply Quote
Trying to re-install now, hopefully it works for me too..... Thanks for update Lovera, but won't raise my hopes too high just yet! :)
Reply Quote
BUMP
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
same problem here it worked right when i installed it now i cant load it
Reply Quote
re dling for the 4th time, this is really lame
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
even tho the launcher is saying playable, clicking play causes another error no saying it cant load critical files... will wait for it to fully download and launch again.... looks like i may have the same issue after a redownload/install......
Reply Quote
I fixed the problem! Go to your Diablo III folder, create a new folder, name it backup, move the folder labeled Updates to this backup folder. Start client. Worked for me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
look at your D3Debug.txt file in the diablo3 folder... mine keeps filling up with the lines

2012.05.15 15:09:31.508751800 Direct3DCreate() created an unsuitable D3D (0, 1)

over and over and over again.
Reply Quote
This thread isnt about the servers its about getting to the log in screen
Reply Quote
I looked at my task manager, as i press play, diablo3.exe pops up for awhile, then disappears ><
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]