Diablo® III

Press Play, Game does not launch

ok, everything is updated and ready to go, press play and i get a message saying D3 stopped working. I have two options.. close program or have windows find and solution onlline and close program. hiddin in the view problem details i gtet this
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Diablo III.exe
Application Version: 1.0.1.9558
Application Timestamp: 4fa1ec3c
Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll
Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.6161
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dace5b9
Exception Offset: 0006ccd5
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 023b
Additional Information 2: 023b44490d486f18a5fd239ac04cdd39
Additional Information 3: 8a69
Additional Information 4: 8a697a6f1faa120680d356a0abdddedc

any info guys... this is terrible
Reply Quote
Wow this is terrible I am having so many different problems, I get the launcher to work and press play and than my screen just kept flashing black in and out... like my monitor kept going in/out of no signal like it was possessed lol...

Than I stopped diablo3.exe and tried re playing it and it just flashes the banner, and when I try to reload it says Diablo 3 is already running... man wtf.

lol
Reply Quote
i have the same problem, ATI radeon 5650 HD.. after hitting the play button nothing happens.. says it's running in task manager and whatever.. oho hohoh :(
Edited by JOOST#2473 on 5/15/2012 8:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same issue as pretty much everybody else on here. Game wont launch, getting repeating "Direct3DCreate() created an unsuitable D3D (0, 1)" in the debug file. I just tried uninstalling and then re-installing the game from my hard copy. My GPU excedes recomendations (GeForece GTX 465, with latest drviers). I'm starting to get extremely frustrated.
Reply Quote
I don't even get the banner. I click 'Play' it goes gray and then nothing happens.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I don't get past the initial launcher, it checks the files, gets to 100% I press play on the launcher and the button greys out and nothing more. Launcher hangs there not actually starting the game (no other processes other than agent and blizzard launcher are running in task manager).
Had no end of issues in beta with agent.exe but was eventually able to do a work around for win 7 with compatibility modes and d/l another version of agent.exe. Have pretty much tried all suggestions on the forums over the past day and nothing has helped get me past this particular point.

I feel pretty bummed, shame, given how long I've been anticipating this, "anticipointment" is the new word I coined to express how I feel.
Reply Quote
I'll be the first to admit I didn't read through the 6 pages of spam before posting this, but, adding exceptions to my antivirus (AVG Free if anyone was wondering) for Agent.exe, Diablo III.exe, and Blizzard Launcher.exe resolved this issue for me.

Alternatively, you could just turn off your AV but adding exceptions to specific processes seems a lot safer...

If this doesn't work for you at first, you can try ending agent.exe and Blizzard Launcher.exe through the Windows Task Manager, waiting about ten seconds and then trying it again.

Edit:
ok, everything is updated and ready to go, press play and i get a message saying D3 stopped working. I have two options.. close program or have windows find and solution onlline and close program. hiddin in the view problem details i gtet this
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Diablo III.exe
Application Version: 1.0.1.9558
Application Timestamp: 4fa1ec3c
Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll
Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.6161
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dace5b9
Exception Offset: 0006ccd5
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 023b
Additional Information 2: 023b44490d486f18a5fd239ac04cdd39
Additional Information 3: 8a69
Additional Information 4: 8a697a6f1faa120680d356a0abdddedc

any info guys... this is terrible

Update Microsoft Visual C++
Edited by Bobert13#1406 on 5/15/2012 11:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
this is ridiculous!! i have tried everything! still wont get to login screen!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
No blue response yet?

Problem isnt fading away....
Reply Quote
Here's temorary playable way.

Please understand my poor english.

I also had sameproblem at WIN7 32.

I think it happens when game files all received fully 100%.

I pressed PLAY button when the status bar was green not 100%, I could play the game.

Delete all files, and install again. And when you get green status bar, try to play.

It's one time playable method.
Reply Quote
SOLUTION:

shortcut to ur Diablo III.exe ( how to --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/140443 )
edit
add -launch
it should look like this: "E:\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch
say thx xD
use this shortcut to start the game
play and hf :)
Edited by vl4d#1812 on 5/16/2012 3:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i am having exactly the same problem and also have a Radeon HD 5650. Sucks

Even the .exe with -launch does not solve the prob.
Edited by Pandaniel#2434 on 5/16/2012 5:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
bump for justice nothing is working for me.
Reply Quote
I can't wait to have this issue resolved just so i can get in the game and deal with completely
different issues that everyone else is having lol.

Seriously tho, glitches and errors and everything bad aside. From what I've heard, the game is unbelievably fun. I can't wait to play.
Reply Quote
Hi guys,

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
When I hit the play button the launcher it was going o a blank screen.

One solution for this was to run it in Compatibility mode (Windows XP Service Pack 2).

I'm working on the second. My problem appears to be related with msvcr90.dll.

It looks like Diablo is trying to use the one located at this path:

C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57

I think once I can figure out how to force it to use the one in it's own directory it will work.

Does Anyone know how to do that?

-Frank
Reply Quote
SOLUTION:

shortcut to ur Diablo III.exe ( how to --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/140443 )
edit
add -launch
it should look like this: "E:\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch
say thx xD
use this shortcut to start the game
play and hf :)

wait , i want to try this but i have the "-launch" in the name of the shortcut or in the file ?
sry i am nb in things about computer haha
Reply Quote
i try now thiss but when i press "next" after put "E:\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch appeared a msg tell me the file can't not be found , what i have to do ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]