Diablo® III

WARNING! Game breaking bug spotted error 3006

05/14/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Miggajones
So... If I live in MN per say... I have to wait till 2 AM???
Yes 54 mins from now. BUT... on the other hand there was plenty of warning.
bump
I'm going to make the Templar run around naked just to punish him for this.
05/14/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Lylirra
so how do you avoid this?

It's a very specific issue. You'd need to a) create a Demon Hunter, b) loot a shield, and then c) trade it to your templar before killing Jondar and hiring him. If you avoid just one of those requirements, you should be able to avoid this particular disconnect.

That is not true though. Yes - I had a DH, Yes - I looted a shield, Yes - I gave it to the templar BUT AFTER killing Jondar and after hiring him (had the dialogue box with the Yes/No option). It was actually a few minutes after Jondar died, as I remember giving my Templar a blue Axe and later on trying to give him a shield.
Weird why this never happened in the beta... or did it?
5 hours wasted, god......... this is ridiculous.............................................. how many levels i lost?
Looks like an extreme bug for me :o
85 Human Warrior
Uh...solution: play with a RL friend.

Then the templar is a non-issue.

uh...he's just letting everyone know, dont be a jagoff.
dont trade your equipped shield with the templar! the game boots you out and you cant log back until blizzard notices and fixes this issue

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4078907877?page=1
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4078817846?page=1

copying this from the EU forums, dont know the issue will surface in the US but better be safe than sorry, wouldnt want anyone elses release day getting ruined

Thank you for the tip.
wrong, I got it and i never traded to a templar or anything like that, I don't even know how it happened, just relogged and couldn't get back on again since, error 3006
hmmm
05/14/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Rilini
wrong, I got it and i never traded to a templar or anything like that, I don't even know how it happened, just relogged and couldn't get back on again since, error 3006
Im scared :( I would like to play for at least a little while. I don't know what to avoid now. I always have bad luck and can see myself stumbling into this bug!
I will love that number for ever.............

05/14/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Rilini

Yeah, same !@#$ happened to me.
85 Troll Shaman
You forget that this isn't a multiplayer only game.
Community Manager
05/14/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Zedrin
That is not true though. Yes - I had a DH, Yes - I looted a shield, Yes - I gave it to the templar BUT AFTER killing Jondar and after hiring him (had the dialogue box with the Yes/No option). It was actually a few minutes after Jondar died, as I remember giving my Templar a blue Axe and later on trying to give him a shield.

I'll pass this information along to Quality Assurance. Thanks for the additional details!
I don't know why but this bug makes me giggle every time I read about it.
85 Gnome Mage
Time zones...
Appreciate the info.
If you give a shield to your Templar
You're gonna have a bad time
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]