Diablo® III

So I finally DL Diablo 3 when...

90 Blood Elf Rogue
All of a sudden it says my video card is not supported for Diablo 3. what gives? would it have killed Blizz to not push too far for graphics? here I am waiting for the chance to play, then POOF, all because of an unsuprted card, I cant play?

not cool Blizz. not cool!
Reply Quote
The minimum required cards are at least 6years old (the GeForce 7800 is at least). Also, due to limitations in (or incompatibility with) hardware, some graphics cards just won't work and this isn't Blizzards fault.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I ran the beta on an Asus 1201n EEEpc (netbook). If this thing runs it and yours doesn't, that should tell you something about your computer...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
05/14/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Zoom
I ran the beta on an Asus 1201n EEEpc (netbook). If this thing runs it and yours doesn't, that should tell you something about your computer...

my system is a Windows 7 desktop with NVIDIA GEFORCE with CUDA. it said my graphics card wasnt supported. othewise my system is pretty close to modern. it's only at least 2 years old!
Reply Quote
I'm sure the minimum requirements were posted all over the internet before you downloaded the game. Do your research.
Reply Quote
wasn't aware CUDA was a number.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Are you sure it said unsupported, or that it's driver needed updating? Because I got a message about the driver when I first fired it up.

What options does it give you to click?
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Bloodraptor

my system is a Windows 7 desktop with NVIDIA GEFORCE with CUDA. it said my graphics card wasnt supported. othewise my system is pretty close to modern. it's only at least 2 years old!

Nvidia GeForce....? Numbers sir, numbers!

Go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Select Option 2 and click the button that says Graphics Drivers

It will scan your hardware, tell you what card you have and if there are driver updates for it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I had the same problem when I played the open beta. Turns out I just had to run all my windows updates and get the new service pack. Then everything worked fine.
Reply Quote
CUDA doesn't mean much of anything, much like saying a card is Fermi means nothing. If its a recent system, you probably have onboard graphics, which are probably not supported.

Basically any dedicated card available today (even one for like $40), or almost any AMD APU (perhaps not the 9W C-Series), should be supported, though some mobile chips won't be due to various limitations on low end ones.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
05/14/2012 09:38 PMPosted by zim

Nvidia GeForce....? Numbers sir, numbers!

Go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Select Option 2 and click the button that says Graphics Drivers

It will scan your hardware, tell you what card you have and if there are driver updates for it.

Thanks, gonna give it a shot. it's asking me to update my Java too so that's not a happy idea. I'll reply when I get results.
Reply Quote
Updating Java takes, like, 2min and is relatively painless.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Update Java? Wow... Next thing you know it will ask you to go to Windows Update for your Win98SE updates...

I'm just killing time until 3 AM... Don't mind me...
Edited by Heratiki#1666 on 5/14/2012 9:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
All of a sudden it says my video card is not supported for Diablo 3. what gives? would it have killed Blizz to not push too far for graphics? here I am waiting for the chance to play, then POOF, all because of an unsuprted card, I cant play?

LoL. You must be running a Voodoo
Reply Quote
when the error pops up trying pushing the ESC key worked for me..
Reply Quote
my computer came from lenovo 5 years ago with only a duo core processor. The only thing i did to it was add a decent video card. My video card is 5 years old now and still runs fine. It said my video card wasnt up to date but it still runs diablo just fine. Little bits of lag when theres 4 players but thats because everyone spams spells like crazy just to get the kills.
Reply Quote
an i am on a dell inspirion 1525 laptop
Reply Quote
Umm they in no way pushed the graphics, even bliz states how they do not make graphic ground breaking games. You are really uninformed to or not know much about graphics cards. Certain cards are not supported for gaming no matter how good they are. Do some research on the forums and you will find links to cards not supported.
Reply Quote
I had the same error starting up my D3. Didn't get it until my second start up. Then when I tried again to see the error it acted like it never happened sending me to the character log-in screen.

Not sure if I'm going to have problems but I thought I'd hop on here to read anything about it. Figured out I can finally post! Blizz needs to change that because all the times I wanted to post the last month I couldn't...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

LoL. You must be running a Voodoo

VooDoo cards were the !@#$ back in the early/mid 90's!

I remember my VooDoo 2 card. big bux back then. Good times.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]