Diablo® III

Stuck at "Updating setup files"

88 Orc Shaman
I picked up the preorder of Diablo 3 tonight, and when I try to install the setup is stuck at "Updating setup files". I had the same problem when trying to download from battle.net.

I have tried everything on http://www.keenandgraev.com/2012/05/12/diablo-3-stuck-updating-setup-files-fix/ and those fixes don't work.

I am was using Windows 8, and I reformatted to Windows 7 both 64 bit, and I am still stuck at the same place, and I have tried all the same fixes with both operating systems. Can anyone help, I would really like to play tonight?

Edit: It gets about 60% through, before getting stuck. I
I have tried opening task manager, and whenever I end the Agent process the bar goes back to about 20% then moves back up to about 60%.

Edit: I went to my mom's house, and tried installing it on windows xp, and I'm having the same problems. Although the method of stopping the agent, and then starting the agent from ProgramData did get me to 99%, but it then froze their. Does anyone have any other advice, I have tried searching the forums, and I can't find anything.

Edit: On Window's XP I got it to start installing by using method 4a on http://www.keenandgraev.com/2012/05/12/diablo-3-stuck-updating-setup-files-fix/
I'm going to try and copy the files to a flash drive, then move it to my computer.
Edited by bif#1928 on 5/15/2012 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am having the same problem.
Reply Quote
Same.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
head over to
http://www.nyleveia.com/2012/04/14/working-fix-for-diablo-3-updating-setup-files-hang/

download the zip
copy contents to C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\
Open the Agent.868 Folder
Run Agent.exe inside this folder
Run diablo 3 setup AFTER running agent (after console window appears)

Edit:
unknown if required but worked for me Set Compatability of setup file to Windows Server 2003 sp1
Edited by Jackee on 5/14/2012 11:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i just noticed i have my compatability on the setup file set to Windows Server 2003 sp1.

i have no idea if it help cuz i was changing many things.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
I'm also having this problem stuck at Updating Setup Files when the blue bar is about 96% through and it wont move after that, i've tried everything i can think of and nothing
Reply Quote
I followed all of the fix recommendations to the damn letter. I want my 60 bucks back
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
you have to download the zip from the website i posted it have the agent file you need...

i dont know if it will let you go straigh to the file but here...
http://www.nyleveia.com/download.php?dl=d3launcherfix.zip
Edited by Jackee on 5/14/2012 11:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
its in an area that looks like empty space in the 7th paragraph

"you can and simply" < in there =P
Edited by Jackee on 5/14/2012 11:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Orc Shaman
head over to
http://www.nyleveia.com/2012/04/14/working-fix-for-diablo-3-updating-setup-files-hang/

download the zip
copy contents to C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\
Open the Agent.868 Folder
Run Agent.exe inside this folder
Run diablo 3 setup AFTER running agent (after console window appears)

Edit:
unknown if required but worked for me Set Compatability of setup file to Windows Server 2003 sp1

Okay, I download it and ran Diablo 3 setup, then forced quit out of the blizzard agent, and ran the agent in agent.868, and it keeps doing the same thing, only difference is the command window is prints a different response, that is about 10 lines long.
Edited by bif#1928 on 5/14/2012 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have tried the fix and have gotten my updating setup files to about 96% as the other guy said above and it wouldn't go any further......
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
with running the agent.exe in "agent.868" folder before running setup and having setup compatability set to windows server 2003?
Reply Quote
This is a FAQ for D3 Beta players that can´t install final version.
I had just buyed D3 for 48hours ago and download the normal client when I try all this:
I thought I missed some files and download the new client from here: http://eu.battle.net/support/en/blog/4417006 And it didnt worked.
Then I update my windows and drivers and Net.Framework 4.
And it still not worked.
All before this I had uinstalled Beta diablo, but!! Under : C:\ProgramData there is a folder called battelnet. There is old agent.exe from blizzard used under beta it maybe !@#$ed it up. C:\ProgramData is a hiden folder on some OS. I delete C:\ProgramData\battelnet the folder battelnet. And tried again and it didn’t worked. Then I went on forum no answers could help. I download the files again from blizzard by this client Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer-downloader from http://eu.battle.net/support/en/blog/4417006. And It worked. Oke
But maybe it not work for some people. So to be sure:
Update your windows, delete all! Files of beta also hiden temp files. Update driver to make sure and Net.Framework 4. And again update after install Net.Framework 4, windows have some after updater to that too.
When you had done that and redownload it can hang on 99% under the downloader. Close it and click on download run it as admin and it ask where to save the downloaded files. And you add it the predownloaded files are. When you can see the download is on 100% and still hanging and it not starting the client. Kill it on processerline. By Ctrl + alt + delete and you know it. You run the client as admin and it will start to decrypt the download files and it should work. Give it some time.
Then if it doing or it saying “Updating setup files….” Then it change to launching Blizzard Launcher” and back to “Updating setup files….” And it keep doing that in long time. Shot it down go to the Folder where you can see the downloaded file and client! Right click on the client! And go to properties and set it to XP service pack 3 and then right click on and run as admin! Bam it worked I can install what a hell of time and hard by me and not blizzard. Guys try this gl and hf. This is only one of the issue not them all! People say it take 14gb but mine says 15.1gb.! ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
may want to delete any other agent.xxx folders that happen to be in there
Reply Quote
Do this my friends...

Go to Start > Run > type in services.msc > Now find Secondary Logon > Right click properties > Set this to Automatic > Now click pause / then resume

Cheers!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]