Diablo® III

Stuck at "Updating setup files"

88 Orc Shaman
0
Posts: 18
Do this my friends...

Go to Start > Run > type in services.msc > Now find Secondary Logon > Right click properties > Set this to Automatic > Now click pause / then resume

Cheers!


Tried it, and it gets stuck at about 30%, which it either isn't starting or it gets stuck at 30% or 60%.
Reply Quote
Posts: 14
where the fxxk is Blizz support when we needed them.....craps....
Reply Quote
Posts: 185
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149005720 I started a new thread with all solutions, none of which worked for me and maybe some proactive form of helping to help them figure out the deal
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
5515
Posts: 3
I was having this issue and I tried multiple fixes and couldn't get it so I tried a combinations of things at once and it worked so I'll let you guys know what I did. First delete everything diablo/blizzard/agent related on the computer. then run CC cleaner did a regiesty fix, and a cleaner. then I changed the UAC to maximum to warn me of any changes on computer. then I went into services and found secondary login set it to automatic. Then I downlaoded the new internet expleoer updated java/adobe flash. then did a system restore to may the 8th or something started it up and it worked the first time game is installed and I'm playing!
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5134263420?page=3#42

The fix in here fixed the "stuck at launching" problem.

Also, if you are stuck at "updating" or "dowloading" open task manager (while it is still updating) and end process "agent". Do it once, and watch the update bar, it should start moving, if not look to see if "agent" is still running; if it is, and upating or downloading is stuck again, end it again. This should kickstart the update. Once you get past update, and it gets stuck at launch, follow the fix in the above link and it should launch just fine form then on, no updating, and no stuck at launch.

You must end process 'agent' while the launcher is updating/downloading files
Reply Quote
Do this my friends...

Go to Start > Run > type in services.msc > Now find Secondary Logon > Right click properties > Set this to Automatic > Now click pause / then resume

Cheers!


THANK YOU!

Worked for me!
Reply Quote
Do this my friends...

Go to Start > Run > type in services.msc > Now find Secondary Logon > Right click properties > Set this to Automatic > Now click pause / then resume

Cheers!


You're close to the mark, my friend, but not close enough.

Yes, pausing Automatic Secondary Logon does have an effect on the Updating setup files (I can get it to hang at ~60% rather than 25%).

Then tried restarting Agent.exe, which makes "Starting Blizzard Laucher" come up and restarts Agent.exe and returns to "Updating Setup Files" 60%.

Also renamed ProgramData directory, Battle.net and ProgramData/Blizzard Entertainment

Tried incorporating methods from http://www.keenandgraev.com/2012/05/12/diablo-3-stuck-updating-setup-files-fix/
Reply Quote
Well I'm finally back online after being "in the dark" for a while. It sucked not being able to play D3 for so long and I was looking forward to logging in and playing a bunch today.

Unfortunately my game will not launch. I am stuck on the Diablo 3 Launcher "Updating Setup Files".

The game itself is great. The implementation is horrible.

I've been a fan since the original WarCraft. If this is how Blizzard games are going to be from now on count me out.

I've wasted hours of my time trying to fix a problem in order to play a game instead of actually playing it.

I've had enough.
Reply Quote
I just get stuck on checking for updates, than nothing.

I bought the DVD, and ran it as an administrator. But nothing happend, just checking for updates.

I downloaded the file from battle.net, and something acctually happend, it created the battle.net folder, but then it just got stuck on "updating blizzard update agent"

I replaced the curret agent file with agent 1544, and tried again but then I got stuck on "checking for updates", again.

Can somebody please help

Im using windows 8
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]