Diablo® III

Can't open diablo 3 setup

(Locked)

The download worked totally fine, but I cannot open the setup file. I have archive utility and it's working fine, but it will not unzip the setup. When I try to open it says "You cannot use this version of the application Diablo III Setup with this version of Mac OS X." Nothing has worked, I even downloaded the new installer and I have the same problem trying to open it.
Support Forum Agent
Are you using the Blizzard Presale Downloader or the new D3 install client?

This is small step for me, but big step for humanity. Or something like that...
90 Gnome Priest
I am having the same issue. I am trying to use the presale Downloader I think
same thing is happening to me. I bought it online, but it won't let me open the zip drive. same comment is coming up for me. Any idea how to fix it?
90 Troll Priest
Same exact issue for me.

I'm attempting to download from the "Download Games" page in Game Management on Battle.net; I purchased a WoW subscription, so Diablo 3 came free.
Edited by Distomos#1943 on 5/15/2012 11:32 AM PDT
same for me
i am having the same exact problem but blizz told me delete everything i had on my mac that involves diablo and start fresh but now when i try to click the game client for mac nothing comes up
90 Troll Priest
Oh, goody.

The reason I can't play is because I don't have Snow Leopard or Lion. So, I'll have to pay $29 for Snow Leopard at minimum and another $29 for Lion if I want to play at the recommended settings.

Yay.
90 Troll Priest
Word to the wise: double-check what version of OS you're running. Chances are, it's less than 10.6.
85 Troll Hunter
I have posted this several times. I had the same issue... I am on 10.6.8

1. Right click diablo III setup - one with no extension. Hit Show Package Contents.
2. New folder will open up. Contents > MacOS - Diablo III setup < open this.
3. Terminal opened up and asked for system password and started installing.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I tried that, and it encountered an error, and terminated the installer. Any suggestions?
how do I find out if i'm running with what version of OS i'm running? if I don't have the right one, how do I upgrade?
90 Troll Priest
Oh, and by the way -- if you DON'T have Snow Leopard, you have to have it SHIPPED to you from Apple. It's not available in stores any longer per a discussion with an Apple representative just now. Also confirmed with my local Apple store.

So, if you're in the same boat as me... you're screwed for 4-5 days until Snow Leopard reaches you! Snow Leopard is the bare minimum -- but you can upgrade to Lion instantly online (most preferred).

To find the OS version: click the Apple in the top left-hand corner. Then, "About this Mac" -- your version is underneath the Mac OS X logo. Snow Leopard is 10.6.
Zoraxana
I did exactly what you said and the setup program did load. However, I then receive an Error 108 "Unable to load Installer Tome 2.MPQE"
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Edited by TheClown#2927 on 5/15/2012 1:40 PM PDT
Can't open setup Fix it Blizzard, i have 10.6.8 aswell
In case this applies to anyone... try this
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1132272-Diablo-3-error-108?p=16840845#post16840845
4 Tauren Warrior
same problem.. fix this blizzard
85 Tauren Death Knight
Seriously! 110 this game costing us..I need to know after paying these these upgrades for mac Does Diablo work?
omg so i have to go to the apple store and buy snow leopard to download v 10.6, is there another update after i need to play d3?
Edited by tdinh420#1862 on 5/15/2012 5:58 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]