Diablo® III

Launcher pops up, press PLAY is not launching

Hmm, this sounds like what I'm having.

First time I tried to launch it said 100%, pressed play, nothing happened.

Now its stuck on updating tools.
Reply Quote
Blizzard is losing a lot of credibility with me : /
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Blizzard please respond to this issue. At least acknowledge you are looking into it.
Reply Quote
Having the same issue for the past hour now.

Either is says game is upto date and allows you to press play then just says launching.

or updating blizzard launcher (0%) and no progress bar
Edited by Gava25#2614 on 5/15/2012 2:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
same here.
Reply Quote
Man this is lame as well. Several threads on the issue, and no notification at all from Blue that they are aware of the issue and are trying to resolve it.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue. I'm alternately getting one of two errors. I kill the launcher and agent.exe, and run it again and I'll randomly get one of the following:

1) "Updating tools [0%]" and it sits like that forever.

or

2) "Initializing..." then 100% "Game is up to date"

I click Play and nothing.... wait a while.... kill the processes, and get one of the two errors, again.
Same problems here / bump... tried every fix I could find, ultimately a greyed out Play button with "launching..." is the furthest I could get... hoping for a fix / answer.

***EDIT: I just deleted the folder marked "Updates", inside the Diablo 3 install location, opened the launcher and it worked.. fingers crossed it works for you too.
Edited by Chirk#1501 on 5/15/2012 2:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just got in, reloaded my pc and the installer was different, there was different info in the box... then worked straight away.

good luck everyone else.
Reply Quote
I've found the fix. Uninstall and reinstall and it will work.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 02:44 AMPosted by Daz

Shut the hell up.

The only thing thats almost as worse as Blue support not showing any presence, is jack-holes like you who havent a clue.

Thats obviously been tried several times troll.
Reply Quote
I try reinstall 3 times and nothing for me.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Happening to me as well.
Reply Quote
Every time i hit the play button (The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x7858ccd5) message pops up and then the game terminates. Can anyone help me with this problem?
Reply Quote
Just got in, reloaded my pc and the installer was different, there was different info in the box... then worked straight away.

good luck everyone else.

Different in what way? I noticed absolutely no difference, and it did not work.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 02:44 AMPosted by Daz

Thanks, genius. None of us have thought of that or tried it multiple times. I'm sure it'll work this time. Do I need to do it 5 times? 6? More? Please fill us in.
Reply Quote
This is so effing frustrating. How can they get this so damned wrong, just makes no sense.
Reply Quote
I did what Chirk said above, deleted the Updates folder and the game launched.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 02:56 AMPosted by Relamun
I did what Chirk said above, deleted the Updates folder and the game launched.

not work for me
Edited by GusYavoO#1337 on 5/15/2012 3:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue. I'm alternately getting one of two errors. I kill the launcher and agent.exe, and run it again and I'll randomly get one of the following:

1) "Updating tools [0%]" and it sits like that forever.

or

2) "Initializing..." then 100% "Game is up to date"

I click Play and nothing.... wait a while.... kill the processes, and get one of the two errors, again.
Same problems here / bump... tried every fix I could find, ultimately a greyed out Play button with "launching..." is the furthest I could get... hoping for a fix / answer.

***EDIT: I just deleted the folder marked "Updates", inside the Diablo 3 install location, opened the launcher and it worked.. fingers crossed it works for you too.

Did not work.

Admittedly it was slightly different, but same overall result.

Deleted the Updates folder, ran game -0% tools issue

Deleted it again, ran agent 954 admin, then ran the game, and it appeared to do a little mini download. This was new.

But ultimately when prompted to hit PLAY, nothing changed.
Reply Quote
Got in...now sure how?

I kept ending the Blizzard launcher process, then when I ended the Agent process afterwards, it would immediately prompt me to ask if I wanted to give permissions to Agent again, and relaunch it.

Normally clicked no, but when ahead and did so this time, then ran game (Did not run in admin though...go figure)

And it launched immediately.

Word to the wise, launching the game successfully is only the beginning....sigh
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]