Diablo® III

Launcher pops up, press PLAY is not launching

87 Blood Elf Paladin
I feel like an idiot waiting in line for game launch at midnight and get home, fully install it and this... hahahaa have yet to play the game.
Reply Quote
Ok, work now...

I do:

1 - initialize normaly e click play ( not work )
2 - END process Blizzard launcher
3 - initialize again ( then stuck at 0% )
4 - END process agent.exe
5 - works!
Reply Quote
Skyo
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Guiles Theme Song
I feel like an idiot waiting in line for game launch at midnight and get home, fully install it and this... hahahaa have yet to play the game.

I did that with WoW a number of times. At least I was able to get into WoW. I bought this online, but still feel like an idiot bc I set my alarm for 3am(EST) and have been trying for more than 3 hours just to log in.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Blizzard sure knows how to make their customers feel appreciated don't ya think? hahahaha, i love their statements such as, we won't release the game until it's awesome... This is what they call awesome? I would NOT want to find out what defective, full of bugs and issues, or just plain bad means to blizzard.
Reply Quote
Add me to this list
Reply Quote
Try to submit a ticket in battle.net. Unknown Errors will need to be looked into.
Reply Quote
Worked for me as well...nice workaround GusYavOo
Reply Quote
It doesn't work for me... As I clicked "Play", launcher just disappeared and left "Agent.exe" in background... Anyone has the same issue?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Ok, work now...

I do:

5 - works!

Don't know if it was this that worked, though now I'm in.

Another thing to try is to run cmd as Admin, then type in "Netsh winsock Reset", then restart computer and run as Admin. Seemed to have done something.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Ok, work now...

I do:

5 - works!

It does NOT work for me. When I first launch it and push play, it will END process Blizzard launcher right away so I can't manually do it.
But nothing happens past that, once I try to initialize again, it displays a message:
"Diablo III is already running." and it simply shuts off after a couple seconds.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
05/15/2012 03:56 AMPosted by gogodidi
It doesn't work for me... As I clicked "Play", launcher just disappeared and left "Agent.exe" in background... Anyone has the same issue?

Yes me me me.... I have the very same issue, then once I try to initialize again if I don't END processes both diablo 3 and agent it will display a message saying: Diablo III is already running.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Death Knight
Netsh winsock Reset

Worked for me, I had to run CMD as admin
Reply Quote
Holy.... I just made it!

I went to my D3 folder, right clicked on "Diablo III" (not "Diablo III Launcher") and clicked "Properties". Under "Compatibility" label, checked "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" then selected "Windows 7". Also checked "Run this program as administrator" in "Privilege Level".

Hope this works for you guys.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Holy.... I just made it!

I went to my D3 folder, right clicked on "Diablo III" (not "Diablo III Launcher") and clicked "Properties". Under "Compatibility" label, checked "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" then selected "Windows 7". Also checked "Run this program as administrator" in "Privilege Level".

Hope this works for you guys.

Unfortunately it did not work for me... /cry

Also Netsh winsock reset did not work... /cry

I am going to bed... 4 hours and no luck
Reply Quote
huh... the Play button on my launcher is red... never seen it turn green. When I press it nothing happens. Launcher disappears and nothing.
Reply Quote
Ok, work now...

I do:

5 - works!

worked for me

worked for me as well, nice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
SOS

worked for me

worked for me as well, nice.

That worked for me as well.
Reply Quote
[quote]

Another thing to try is to run cmd as Admin, then type in "Netsh winsock Reset", then restart computer and run as Admin. Seemed to have done something.

Thank You Man! It worked!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]