Diablo® III

Launcher pops up, press PLAY is not launching

44 Troll Rogue
Same problem.
Seems like the customers are working harder than the guys at Blizzard to give us solutions.

I don't know much about all this !@#$, but when did it become acceptable to sell someone a boxed game, and then force them to search, at great length, online.. just to find out how you can 'MAYBE' play.

Guess I'll be like everyone else and just sit back and wait. I'm sure they're working hard.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Also experiencing this issue. Beta played fine. I've tried everything suggested in this thread thus far (thanks to those that are posting their successful fixes) but nothing's worked.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Same problem.
Seems like the customers are working harder than the guys at Blizzard to give us solutions.

I don't know much about all this !@#$, but when did it become acceptable to sell someone a boxed game, and then force them to search, at great length, online.. just to find out how you can 'MAYBE' play.

Guess I'll be like everyone else and just sit back and wait. I'm sure they're working hard.

SO true. The worst thing is this issue has been stated since the very first hour of release of the game by ALMOST 100 posts now and NO acknowledgement from blizzard whatsoever. This is obviously an ongoing issue if within a few hours we have soo many people posting the same thing. Some are being able to find solutions, but it just saddens me that there is not a SINGLE blue posting at least stating that they are aware and working on it.

Complete disregard to your fans blizzard, seriously?
Reply Quote
Haven't been able to get any of the work arounds to work. Sad.
Reply Quote
I was having this problem at 3AM-4AM. Said screw it went to bed. Woke up an hour and half ago, uninstalled and tried reinstalling.

Finally got past agent errors and having to download Battle.net folder with files that got me past "Updating Setup Files" and now I am installing.

My install is progressing slowly as it downloads bit by bit in between "Fatal exception 0x13370001" errors, so I expect it to be done by 9AM at which point I will try again.

So to sum it up, I've encountered three pretty much "Show-stopper" errors just to play this game and I'm not even guaranteed I will be able to play once the reinstall finishes. The Blizzard polish on this game is so far in full effect, and the Blue posters responding here and providing assistance is really appreciated as well.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 02:46 AMPosted by Relleck
I've found the fix. Uninstall and reinstall and it will work.

Shut the hell up.

The only thing thats almost as worse as Blue support not showing any presence, is jack-holes like you who havent a clue.

Thats obviously been tried several times troll.

it worked for me. sorry you're all butthurt about being !@#$%^-*!@, but i was just trying to help. : / i'll pray for your #$%^.
Reply Quote
People are concluding that "this worked for me" and what ever they did probably had nothing to do with making it work.
Reply Quote
Maybe we'll get a resolution or just a comment on why this is happening.
Reply Quote
16 Draenei Shaman
Ok, work now...

I do:

1 - initialize normaly e click play ( not work )
2 - END process Blizzard launcher
3 - initialize again ( then stuck at 0% )
4 - END process agent.exe
5 - works!

Awesome - good find. Don't know why it works, but it does. In at last.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey all!

Our QA department is currently investigating this issue. In the meanwhile and in addition to the workarounds already posted, try deleting your Battle.net folder and see if that has any effect.

0. Restart your computer
1. Click Start
2. Click Control Panel

3a. If you are in Classic View:
Select Folder Options
Click the View tab
In Advanced Settings under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
Click OK.

3b. If you are in Category View:
Select Appearance and Personalization
In the Folder Options section, select Show hidden files and folders. This will bring up the Folder Options window.
Click on the View tab.
In the Advanced Settings section under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
Click OK.

4. Try again to navigate to the proper folder:
Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
Windows XP: Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
5. Delete the folder, then try again.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Deleting my Battle.net folder results in an attempt by the D3 launcher to update the setup files followed by an error dialogue stating that Blizzard Udate Agent has stopped working. I have no choice but to end the process from that point.
Reply Quote
I was having this problem at 3AM-4AM. Said screw it went to bed. Woke up an hour and half ago, uninstalled and tried reinstalling.

Finally got past agent errors and having to download Battle.net folder with files that got me past "Updating Setup Files" and now I am installing.

My install is progressing slowly as it downloads bit by bit in between "Fatal exception 0x13370001" errors, so I expect it to be done by 9AM at which point I will try again.

So to sum it up, I've encountered three pretty much "Show-stopper" errors just to play this game and I'm not even guaranteed I will be able to play once the reinstall finishes. The Blizzard polish on this game is so far in full effect, and the Blue posters responding here and providing assistance is really appreciated as well.

My D3 re-install is now complete, after 23 (I counted, yes 23) "Fatal exception 0x13370001" errors. I am going to set up the port forwarding for D3 then re-start my computer, then try and hit "Play" all while praying for it to work.
Reply Quote
same problem here.. its like beta
Reply Quote
Having same problem. Deleted the c:\programdata/battle.net as well . Then restarted Launcher. Next problem occured. Stuck at setup updating files. Stoped the Agent.exe then blue screen. Did this 3 times till i just deleted everything now reinstailling . Hope this works . Btw are there supposed to be 2 agent files i have Agent.524 and Agent.954. Least give them name s like Agent Diablo3 Killer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
having same problem, this is stupid
Reply Quote
ok this !@#$ing bs. i followed the blue's instructions. and it seems my firewall wasnt letting the agent connect to internet. might help u guys
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I can get to the launcher and have in download and be all ready to play by downloading the set up files, but any time the agent program needs to do anything it crashes constantly.

I've tried all the fixes I've come across and haven't gotten anywhere with this or the betas for MoP and D3 since the same issues occur on all of them.

I can rule out an issue with my net since my housemate can play the betas fine, only difference is I'm running Vista and probably have a few more background programs while she has Win7.

Deleting the battle.net folder leaves me stuck after the set up files update with the agent crashing while trying to run the launcher if I run it as an Admin. It freezes about 60% if I don't run it as an admin.

Are there any particular programs that have major issues with stopping the Agent program from running? I've tried disabling everything I can think of as far as background programs go
and it still dies randomly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]