Diablo® III

Launcher pops up, press PLAY is not launching

i dunno that worked for me.
Reply Quote
WOW STOP COUNTING OUR MONEY BLIZZ AND FIX THIS YOU HAVE HAD PLENTY TIME TO FIGURE THIS OUT! HUGE FREAKIN LET DOWN I WOULD RATHER PAY TWENTY BONES A MONTH TO PLAY WITH SOME REAL TECH SUPPORT!
Reply Quote
Same here, but i got it working after deleting 3 "agent.randomnumber" folders
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Shaman
Im realling enjoying the game.... I get everything working perfectly before launch sitting at login screen now to have it crash. Everything I restart the game I click play on the launcher "launching......" and nothing. Reinstall too get back to "updating setup files...." Maybe I should just wait another 10 years for the patches to come out too fix all the things that were getting fixed during the extended beta :-0
Reply Quote
I click play, the launcher disappears, diablo 3 logo flashes then nothing, end process try again and so on. Also is the play button supposed to turn green?
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 06:21 AMPosted by Joefads
I click play, the launcher disappears, diablo 3 logo flashes then nothing, end process try again and so on. Also is the play button supposed to turn green?

Same issue here. I have been having it since yesterday.. ohhh almost 24 hours ago. great fixes as it obviously is still broken. i have tried any and everything people have recommended. i have reinstalled 6 times. this obviously is something else, and they need to figure it out already.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
This is stupid, the same issue happened on the beta, took me a day to be able to launch the game.

The same issue happened when trying to install the game, and now to play it.

I will have to pay wow for a freaking year just to get this game and now I simple cannot play? It either stucks at updating system files or if I run agent before running it it gets stuck at updating system tools 0%.

Ridiculous, just put D3 on steam or even freaking origin and it will at least load propely.

Your new launchers SUCK blizzard, SUCK.
Reply Quote
new launchers SUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK BLIZZARD YOU HAVE LET SO MANY LOYAL FANS DOWN THIS IS LIKE A DAMN CONSOLE GAME
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
I'm having the same issue.

I'm alternately getting one of two errors.

I kill the launcher and agent.exe, and run it again and I'll randomly get one of the following:

1)
"Updating tools [0%]" and it sits like that forever.

or

2)
"Initializing..."

followed by updating 14474 files

then 611 files

then 100%
"Game is up to date"

I click Play and nothing....

Wait a while....kill the processes, and get one of the two errors, again.

Exact same current issue I'm having too. (This is after spending 7+ hours getting through the install part.)
Reply Quote
who can reccomend a good cheap video card Pc ?
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
Ok, work now...

I do:

1 - initialize normaly e click play ( not work )
2 - END process Blizzard launcher
3 - initialize again ( then stuck at 0% )
4 - END process agent.exe
5 - works!

This worked for me! Thank you!
Reply Quote
What's frustrating it's that I managed to start the game right after the first install. Step-by-step, what happened:

1 - I install the game at around 1:00am (Canada central time, more or less 10:00 pm PDT), after installing AND updating the game starts. Knowing it wouldn't work, I try to log on, and I get an "Error 33". I check the forums, that's what supposed to happen, I go to sleep telling myself I'll play in the morning after the first logging rush....
2 - I get up, boot the PC, start the laucher. Nothing happens. I can see the "Diablo 3" process working, but zilch on anything else. I wait for a few minutes (as it was suggested in a few posts), nothing happens.
3 - I uninstall/reinstall, then try to run in administrator mode. Same thing happens.
4 - I uninstall/reinstall in administrator mode, then try to run in administrator mode. Guess what? Same thing.
5 - I try the fix in the Blue post (deleting C:\ProgramData\Battle.net). The launcher setup updates, then start, then same thing....

Way to go for a game I've been waiting for over two years....
Reply Quote
Complaining won't do much, lets try to be constructive.
After I deleted my Battle.net folder i get suck at the updating setup files thingy. The green bar reads maybe 90% complete but it hasn't budged in a half hour.
I tried canceling it and starting again, and that took me back into the launcher, however i got the same problem as before where the game refused to launch, and just sat in the launcher reading "launching" or something along those lines.

Anyone got any ideas how to get my battle.net folder squared away
Reply Quote
Try creating a new Windows Admin account, should help out.
Reply Quote
TWITY: SAMNE HERE
Reply Quote
No matter what I do Agent.exe won't close even when giving it a end process. End process works with Agent.exe in Safe Mode. I think the problem a lot of people are having is agent is not closing when trying to launch the game.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Are there any particular programs that have major issues with stopping the Agent program from running? I've tried disabling everything I can think of as far as background programs go
and it still dies randomly.

Usually, it's a security program that interferes with Agent. Unfortunately, just turning them off rarely helps as most security programs continue to run services even when disabled. Although I know it's a pain, the only sure way to be sure if it's your firewall or anti-virus program that's causing the issue is to temporarily uninstall the programs completely.

Thankfully I've not spotted any rampant security program issues, although I did overhear a few reps talking about AVG's Watchdog causing some oddness. Security programs frequently mess with our games, so it wouldn't be too surprising.

It will probably be a bit later in the day before we hear back from QA, and I'm about to head home, but I'll leave a note to my replacement to update this thread. Hopefully we'll see you in game soon!
Reply Quote
same report from my end:

I press play
D3 logo pops up
then nothing

tried running as admin., same process as before, yet I get a streaming failure box.
Edited by Squawk#1110 on 5/15/2012 7:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]