Diablo® III

Launcher pops up, press PLAY is not launching

same report from my end:

I press play
D3 logo pops up
then nothing

tried running as admin., same process as before, yet I get a streaming failure box.

yaaaa same
Reply Quote

Although I know it's a pain, the only sure way to be sure if it's your firewall or anti-virus program that's causing the issue is to temporarily uninstall the programs completely.

Tried it, no difference.
Reply Quote
Are there any particular programs that have major issues with stopping the Agent program from running? I've tried disabling everything I can think of as far as background programs go
and it still dies randomly.

Usually, it's a security program that interferes with Agent. Unfortunately, just turning them off rarely helps as most security programs continue to run services even when disabled. Although I know it's a pain, the only sure way to be sure if it's your firewall or anti-virus program that's causing the issue is to temporarily uninstall the programs completely.

Thankfully I've not spotted any rampant security program issues, although I did overhear a few reps talking about AVG's Watchdog causing some oddness. Security programs frequently mess with our games, so it wouldn't be too surprising.

It will probably be a bit later in the day before we hear back from QA, and I'm about to head home, but I'll leave a note to my replacement to update this thread. Hopefully we'll see you in game soon!

SO YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON WORKING ON RESOLVING THIS? F THAT GET THE WHOLE DAMN DEVOLPMENT TEAM BACK IN THERE BC THERE IS DEF. WORK TO BE DONE
Reply Quote
firewall turned-off
anti-virus deleted

bump for help
Reply Quote
Blizzard is correct there is an application running that is stopping Diablo from running. I just figured out a fix I hope this works for others. This should work for Windows 7 & Vista users.

Start > Run > msconfig

Pick Selective Startup

Uncheck Load Start Items

Leave the rest checked.

Hit Apply & then OK

Reboot

I have Diablo 3, Agent & Launcher Set to run as admin and user windows xp sp3 mode.

Start the game using the icon and running as admin

Play the game!!

I hope this works for you!!
Reply Quote
Blizzard is correct there is an application running that is stopping Diablo from running. I just figured out a fix I hope this works for others. This should work for Windows 7 & Vista users.

Start > Run > msconfig

Pick Selective Startup

Uncheck Load Start Items

Leave the rest checked.

Hit Apply & then OK

Reboot

I have Diablo 3, Agent & Launcher Set to run as admin and user windows xp sp3 mode.

Start the game using the icon and running as admin

Play the game!!

I hope this works for you!!

doesn't work... nothing on here is working for this issue.
Reply Quote
I'm getting the same issue.

Tried everything in this thread so far and nothing is working.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Anyone of you guys actually tried right clicking on Diablo 3 and simply selecting run as administrator? I don't understanding how people are having issues. I can play the game just fine
Reply Quote
I'm getting the same issue.

Tried everything in this thread so far and nothing is working.

So obviously since that was listed in the thread previously, I tried that.

What's so difficult to understand?
Reply Quote
how long should I wait in the updating setup files screen. It seems like its stuck

edit- I have run as admin every time. Tried deleting the Battle.net folder, turned off everything and even uninstalled my virus protection
Edited by Twity#1779 on 5/15/2012 8:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Has anyone in thread or similar threads found any work around to this?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Thankfully I've not spotted any rampant security program issues, although I did overhear a few reps talking about AVG's Watchdog causing some oddness. Security programs frequently mess with our games, so it wouldn't be too surprising.

I nuked AVG just in case and made sure to turn off windows firewall. Though it seemed to make it to the launcher again, Agent crashed when updating tools after getting to 1%, might also have killed my net connection.

Although now it's back to not making it to launcher my MoP beta will get to launcher and update tools but then crashes out saying it can't read a file and to disable anti-virus programs. Programs which I don't have running right now.

So some progress but in the wrong direction and I can't say for sure if AVG was being that much of a hassle. Guess I'll go back and see if I have anything else I can clean out, thanks for the tid-bit though.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Got mine working, hope this helps.

Go to C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\ and run both the agents as admin then wait a a minute or so then try to launch Diablo 3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]