Diablo® III

Launcher pops up, press PLAY is not launching

05/15/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Guts
Tried everything in this thread + more! Still thinking the only way I'll play is by going and buying windows 7, getting rid of vista, and running this game under "service pack 3" FML

Windows 7 people are having this problem, too. I'm running Wndows7 64-bit Ultimate. The first error I had to get past was the installer telling me that it wouldn't install on my machine because I needed a newer OS.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Guts
Tried everything in this thread + more! Still thinking the only way I'll play is by going and buying windows 7, getting rid of vista, and running this game under "service pack 3" FML

Can't get past launcher either... been trouble shooting for way too long. Would like to see justice here. My window of being able to play is rapidly closing :(
Reply Quote
Well mine worked fine today. apart from being kicked off once. Played signed out came back 4-5 times. Now SFA so it isnt an issue with windows 7. This is a total disgrace & seems to be ignored. Take it offline & fix it. If it has issues with windows 7 then thats a total disgrace.

Collectors edition box looks nice

Supose always go back to playing diablo 2
Reply Quote
Still having this problem, tried every fix in every thread about this so far and nothing. We need this issue fixed, its obvious its not a weird quirk, but widespread.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
yep I have tried every thing in every thread as well. You name it i have tried several times, i got the game at midnight launch and haven't played a single minute. Awesome job blizzard!
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
re intall, close agent, run task manager, run as admin, check for updates, reset the router, on on on on on...
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Death Knight
05/15/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Skyo
yep I have tried every thing in every thread as well. You name it i have tried several times, i got the game at midnight launch and haven't played a single minute. Awesome job blizzard!

i know how you feel i was up at 2 and me and a couple friends were going to play all night but nope cant have nice things i guess
Reply Quote
It's obviously not us. I played with various "fixes" this morning, and nothing worked, but then got on with no different actions on my part. It's something wrong on their end. They need to fix it.
Reply Quote
Hmm, had this problem as well. I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS.
I found that I had to run the game on the account I installed it on. Since I was using temporary admin privileges from my Admin account on my computer, that's the one that it got set to.
Thus I have to log into the Admin account and play the game, without running it as Admin. Or I have to shift-right click the shortcut on any other account and select run as different user (not run as admin) and type in my Admin account and password to get it to play.

TL;DR
Either log into the account that was used to install the game,
or
Shift-right click your shortcut and select Run As Different User, type in the username of the account used to install and password, then run.
Reply Quote
same thing happening to me
Reply Quote
been plagued with this problem all throughout the beta...and here we are, still having launcher issues...

I have to kill the agent.exe every time when I attempt to launch the game to get it to initialize to 100 percent. When it does, I click the play button, nothing happens, play button is just grayed out...

I have attempted every fix on here, nothing...I am spent and burnt out after hours of searching for fixes - feel like a chump for paying for a game that doesn't work. Not sure what else to do.
Reply Quote
Worked for me. Thank you.
Reply Quote
Hot fix proposed by the blue post didn't work for me. Still stuck at launching and a greyed out play button. Been trying to play since the "3:30 patch" or w/e and haven't been able to this whole time....
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Same problem been trying since last night. Currently reinstalling.
Edited by Zel#1295 on 5/15/2012 6:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I tried at 3 am, the launching time for ppl in eastern time...
And it !#@$*^Q@# doesn't work.
Same problem basically. Clicking Play, and nothing happens.
Streaming Failure message only popped up once, in my dozens of tries.
I tried many of these suggestions, and I am not totally stuck...
I am reinstalling, and if this doesn't fix the proble,, i have no clue wat to do
Reply Quote
Starting a bumping campagin to get this post some attention from the Blizzardfolks.

An acknowledgement of the problem would be nice....
Reply Quote

WINDOWS 7, 32 BIT

I selected "open as admin" (NO other "compatibility" settings) so i will put those in the steps, it may not be necessary though.

steps in more detail for how they worked for me:
-Restart your computer
-Open Diablo 3 as administrator, wait until everything is ready and then press the PLAY button. This will send you into the "Launching" process that sits there indefinitely.
-End process Blizzard Launcher.exe (i think this crashes the "patcher", if it doesnt crash the patcher, close it)
-Open Diablo 3 as admin again.
-Immediately end the process Agent.exe
-As soon as you complete the previous step, the game should start running - you shouldn't have to open Diablo again. If the game doesn't start running, bad luck.

After trying several solutions, This is the one that worked for me. Running Win 7 64-bit.

Still, shame on Diablo 3 devs for not getting the launcher and agent to talk to each other correctly. Launch day was ruined for many of us due to this issue that's been around since closed beta.
Reply Quote
I have same problem, I open and closed launcher many times and for some reason it just finally launched. Shut the game down after playing and now I can't get back in because of the same problem. it's not us it is their crap software.
Edited by Deamicle#1681 on 5/15/2012 8:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well this is annoying..
Windows XP SP3 32bit here...

Stuck at the play button like everyone else.. What is really sad is i played the beta and it worked fine. In fact the beta worked better than the game itself. Everytime it makes me download the lousy update files again. It downloaded says its updated I click play... itsays launching... and it sits there.

I'm not finding a solution here.

*edited for spelling*
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 5/15/2012 8:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bumpzilla.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]