Diablo® III

Fullscreen Windowed on Secondary Monitor

90 Worgen Death Knight
Hello all,

I'm trying to play fullscreen windowed mode on my secondary monitor. Switching the primary displays is being fickle (I get square, squished D3 windows) and it is also a pain to do it every time. I even bought Ultramon to help manage my multiple displays, thinking it would let me manage it a bit better, considering I also have this problem with other games, but it didn't end up being helpful.

I've scoured the googles for a solution and have yet to come up with anything. Does anyone know of plans to implement a monitor selection feature like the one WoW has? I have reading difficulties and need a higher resolution than the default 1440x900 can give me, so something like this is nearly a deal-breaker.

Alternatively does anyone know of a workaround that will let me play in FS Windowed mode on a secondary monitor through config file editing?
Reply Quote
Why don't you just... leave the "secondary" monitor as your primary monitor, since it sounds like that's what you're using it for.
Reply Quote
try this

press the windows key + shift + right arrow (or left arrow if your secondary monitor is to the left)

also to move the taskbar just drag it to the other monitor (assuming win7)
Edited by Nathkiira#1297 on 5/14/2012 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I just lost my big reply due to issues connecting to the forum.

The summary is:

Switching displays is glitchy and bug-ridden.

I like to multitask.

I can't get D3 to NOT be square and squished even through a post-display change reboot. I have no idea why it does it.

Lastly, eventually I just got used to leaving the smaller monitor as the primary monitor. because of the glitches. Most games that I play don't have this problem, and thus far I have been unable to find a solution that does not require me to switch monitors, but that doesn't work due to the weird square window problem.

EDIT 2:
also to move the taskbar just drag it to the other monitor (assuming win7)

I love you.

I didn't know you could do that.
Edited by Rhorbarius#1672 on 5/14/2012 5:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
odd that it doesn't work ..usually works for most games .. even in full screen mode (windowed or not)
Reply Quote
i run 3 monitors .. have middle as "primary" but dragged icons / task bar to the left ..and use right for IM's and Vent
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I think that actually solves my problem. I had no idea you could actually literally DRAG the taskbar to the other monitor. You learn something new every day.

I think this actually solves ALL of my problems, not just with D3 but with most Steam games as well.
Edited by Rhorbarius#1672 on 5/14/2012 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think that actually solves my problem. I had no idea you could actually literally DRAG the taskbar to the other monitor. You learn something new every day.

I think this actually solves ALL of my problems, not just with D3 but with most Steam games as well.

Yes, it's quite possible. Don't forget to lock it again when you've moved it. Also, it tends to forget where it was placed, so don't be surprised if it moves back occassionally.
Reply Quote
cool, glad to of helped =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]