Diablo® III

Best free voice communication?

Me and my group of 4 are planning to hit the game tonight at 3AM EST and are trying to find the best way for voice communication. I used to use ventrilo on WoW but I never had a host server and we are all cheap.

Any suggestions on free services that would allow the 4 of us to talk tonight using either headsets or built in mics?

Thanks for any tips! (Sorry n00b question)
Reply Quote
skype is really easy to use and its free~
Reply Quote
last time a checked (which was over a year ago). RaidCall was free
Reply Quote
You can also use C3 http://www.downloadc3.com/guilds-and-clans/
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Hunter
skype yo
Reply Quote
I'm all for skype too, really easy to use.
Reply Quote
private Vent...up to 10 people I believe, but one must host.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Private Ventrilo. Easy to set up, and you have complete control over it. 8 people maximum.
Reply Quote
Skype -- Free, can have several people on it at once, very easy to set up and very good sound quality.
Edited by Scrysis#1210 on 5/14/2012 6:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
u can use Teamspeak.. its like Raidcall and Ventrillo.. im using TeamSpeak ^^
Reply Quote
Mumble, just use a public server and have your friends join that address and you guys can talk!
Reply Quote
vent is like 28$ for 1 year Cheep for a 10 slot
Reply Quote
Skype, of course, but Steam's voice chat is also excellent (and "powered by Skype," at that) if your friends are on Steam.
Reply Quote
I've installed a free vent server. 8 slots...plenty for a DIII party. Easy to set up and low BW.
Reply Quote
I'm using Skype right now and I'm liking the clarity.
Reply Quote
skype. servers are so 2004.
Reply Quote
skype eats your memory so bad. I hate skype. If you play wow see if your guild will let you use use thier vent or teamspeak and be in a different room. I am sure they will let you.
Reply Quote
I use Dolby Axon. Free and it's never let me down before. Granted, I've only ever used it with one other person before on multiple occasions (playing Diablo 2 while waiting for D3). I'm not sure what the bandwidth usage or user capacity is though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]