Diablo® III

where do i get my CD key

I still can’t install the game. It says I need the “game key”
GAME MANAGEMENT
Activate a Game Key
Enter a game key to activate it for this Battle.net account, which will allow you to play and manage the game it is associated with.
Won’t let me install or anything.
Reply Quote
There are no guest passes for those of us who purchased the game digitally.
Reply Quote
BurningMan: Did you buy the digital copy or a physical copy of the game?
Edited by shadowknight#1285 on 5/28/2012 4:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i have a problem.my account was locked due to a suspicious activity,and i didn't do nothing.however to activate my account they want the first 6 digits of my diablo cd-key ,but i bought a digital copy and I don't know them.Please help ! tell me what to do.the other option is to answer a security question but i've never put an answer so it doesn't work :( Please help
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 05:39 AMPosted by misak
have a problem.my account was locked due to a suspicious activity,and i didn't do nothing.however to activate my account they want the first 6 digits of my diablo cd-key ,but i bought a digital copy and I don't know them.Please help ! tell me what to do.the other option is to answer a security question but i've never put an answer so it doesn't work :( Please help

A friend of mine has the same problem... we can't find any CD KEY... and the account doesn't have Starcraft II or WoW

please help.
Reply Quote
I just bought a diablo 3 digital key so they didnt send any key how can ı be sure in this case.My personal opinion they must to sent a mail and in the mail they have to write the digital key...
Reply Quote
I have the same problem right now. I even had a security answer, and it won't work. I sent Blizzard an email describing the above issue, with a copy of my driver's license, and they bounced it saying that my question was answered in the forums. I appealed it, I'll let you guys know what they say.

I've been on the phone with them for two days trying to get through, but haven't once been able to speak to anyone.

They really need to email the game key or at least physically mail it to customers. This is unbelievably frustrating - as if the network issues weren't already bad enough for D3.
Reply Quote
Also, to the original poster, you have to run your download from Bnet using the link within the D3 area on the account you paid with. I had the same issue at first. Add that to the laundry list of problems I've been having... At least it runs well and looks pretty!
Edited by Gargamel#1646 on 6/14/2012 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I bought diablo 3 digitally and it wont let me go past the skeleton king part. says i need to upgrade my account thing. I don't want to have to pay any more than I already have, anybody know how to "upgrade"?
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue.
Reply Quote
Exactly the same problem ive tried everything and its driving me insane
Reply Quote
Hello everybody, I had the same prolem like You all, and I slove it... MY cd-key was that guess pass I needed cd-key to switch pw, and I put first six numbers of guess password, and works!

greetings
Reply Quote
My account is locked and the only way i can unlock it is if i have my authentication key, which i dont know where it is since i bought the online version please help
Reply Quote
Same thing happened to me. Someone please help???
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 09:02 PMPosted by brycehunter
Same thing happened to me. Someone please help???

Did u use before guess pass cd-key?
Reply Quote
I finally found my sc2 cd key, which i used to unlock my account
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue as many here... Diablo 3 says I have starter, but Battle.net says I have "Standard"... but I can't choose anything past the trial of the game, basically. I bought the game yesterday, and it hasn't let me "upgrade" since...

HELP!
Reply Quote
So im having the same problems here. Bought and DL the digiital DL of diablo. Everything went fine. Bought it, DL it, and installed it all no prob. HOWEVER(lol) when i get to the skeleton king and thrash him, the stupid game asks me to go upgrade and im not allowed any further gameplay quest wise. From what Shadowknight is saying i gotta try to call blizz? Who are so buisy their waiting que on the phone is full and just hangs up on you? WOW.... 60 bucks for a 2 hr long game ROFL. Not impressed so far. Ya think with 13 years between diablo games they would have gotten things like this worked out....
Reply Quote
the Skeleton King thing is different. I'm thinking it could more be a client thing. Make sure the client you are downloading is from the battle.net account and that you are logged in. Additionally, make sure the account is activated and that you are downloading the US version of the game.

Also remember that there appears to be a 72 hour wait before you get the full version, even though you purchased the full version digitally.

If the 72 hours has exceeded and you are still not able to proceed, then you may need to contact the BILLING department at Blizzard to correct the issue.
Reply Quote
My friend is having the same problem mentioned above. We just bought D3 and installed it. Then we get a message saying that there was unusual activity on our accounts and had to go to the battlenet website to unlock it. Fortunately, I remembered what mine was, but my friend did not. Now, he is locked out. he only has digital copies of games (SC2 and D3) so no game keys. Also, he has tried to call the US help line yesterday and today and it says the queue is full and they are not taking any more account related calls.

Uber frustrating. Especially after spending $65... :-(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]