Diablo® III

"An unexpected error occurred while trying...

to install. Please try again or contact Customer Support."

Anyone else run into this problem?

I've searched the forums and I haven't been able to find a solution to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply Quote
Anyone?

I've tried redownloading the ~40mb file. No luck.
Reply Quote
Anyone? :(
Reply Quote
88 Undead Priest
Nope, just you
Reply Quote
Make sure you have the US client. For some reason, Blizzard gave a lot of people (myself included) the EU version by default.
Reply Quote
I found a solution but when I posted it here, it was deleted in 5 minutes. So here goes;

Run the installer in Windows XP Service pack 3 Or windows vista Service pack 2 compatibility mode. Suddenly it was all good.

I stand corrected it was moved to the tech forums.
Edited by ChestyPuller#1520 on 5/14/2012 7:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
75 Undead Warrior
Going through this worked for me.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5007620796

give it a shot
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Go to your battlenet download page, change the region from global (GB) to the region you are in.

It'll start a whole new download but if you go to the tech forums there's ways to adjust so you just have to dl the proper installer for your region.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
You can TRY the fix above for compatibility mode but if that does not work...

This can be caused by an incorrect region being set. To change Region to Americas just click on the 'Pre download game client' on the right hand side and after the age screen you can change from Global or EU to US. You may have to download the client again though :/
Reply Quote
Agreed, this fix did not work for a friend of mine, so peoples mileage may vary.
Reply Quote
Glad I could help!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]