Diablo® III

Updating Setup Files

Still no fix for this? I've tried the Secondary Logon fix, I've tried deleting the Battle.net program data and disabling my firewalls / closing all other applications.

It gets to 60% and doesn't move, what am I supposed to do?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Akechi

What firewalls have you disabled?

Do you currently have, or have you had any other security programs installed in this system besides the firewalls that have already been disabled, if so, what are they called?
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Reply Quote
Dankorii,

I had Norton antivirus and windows firewall enabled and was told to try disabling them. Those are the only two security programs I've had on this PC and neither are enabled right now.

After following the following instructions from another forum...

"1. Run the diablo install thing… let it get stuck.
2. Close it, and ctrl+alt+delete and end the “Agent” process.
3. Go to C/programdata/battle.net/agent and run the “Agent” again
4. then Run the diablo install thing 1 again
5. WAIT! it will get stuck for a min or so and then work"

It seemed to fix the problem ... and then it just went back to not working. The "updating set-up files" window went to 90%, said it was launching the Blizzard launcher, and now it's reopened the "updating set-up files" window and is again stuck at 60%.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Same thing is happening to me.

Yesterday, the game worked. Today, when it needs to work, it isn't.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
BUmp. Same issue Tried everything for 2 days now. No avail. I'm convinced that Agent.exe does NOT work properly for 1/2 of your digital downloaders :*(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Akechi

Norton has been known to interfere with game installs. Sometimes disabling it is not enough, and it will need to be temporarily uninstalled.

If you are willing to try uninstalling Norton, you will want to use the Norton Removal Tool to ensure it's removed properly.

Here's the link for the Norton Removal Tool:
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&selected_nav=&pvid=&docurl=20080828154508EN

When you click on the link scroll down to Step 2, click on the orange download button and save the download to the desktop. Once saved go ahead and run the program, and follow the on screen steps.

Once Norton is removed, I would delete the battle.net folder from the Program Data folder, and then run the install as admin.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Reply Quote
I have removed Mcafee with their own remove tool, I have deleted the files from the beta, I have checked the secondary logon, I have defragmented my drive, I have tried it in safe mode and I have not been able to get the "updating setup files" to move beyond ~90%
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
im having same prob this is bs all i want to do is play i spent 100$ on this game for the collectors ad. and i cant even et pass updating setup files what do i need to do to get to downloading game
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]