Diablo® III

Why do most people choose Hungering Arrow?

I've looked through a lot of builds and I've noticed that the large majority of people choose Hungering Arrow over the other 3 primary skills. Are the other 3 skills just under par or...?
Edited by Nathonas#1687 on 5/14/2012 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
spamable high single target damage
Reply Quote
Because Guided Arrow was so cool in D2.
Reply Quote
Because it is the strongest single target of all the generators, it still does decent AoE damage, and who doesn't love piercing/guiding arrows?
Reply Quote
As Nidale said, because Guided Arrow was awesome in D2. :)
Reply Quote
Guided arrow FTW!!! when piercing was awesome w/ it. However for leveling I will probably opt for the chain gang. CC, 4 targets x 75% dmg=300% dmg which is probably going to occur the majority of the time, plus my single target hatred spender will be a heavy hitter(either rapid or impale). Late game I will be using devouring or shatter arrows.
Reply Quote
people are too lazy to aim. nuff said?
Reply Quote
Bola Shot ALL DAY
Reply Quote
Click mouse -> headshot -> profit.

But seriously, it's a very good spell; make sure you take it in your kit. =)
Reply Quote
Click mouse -> headshot -> ???? -> profit.

Fixed it.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 08:35 PMPosted by MachoCamacho
Guided arrow FTW!!! when piercing was awesome w/ it. However for leveling I will probably opt for the chain gang. CC, 4 targets x 75% dmg=300% dmg which is probably going to occur the majority of the time, plus my single target hatred spender will be a heavy hitter(either rapid or impale). Late game I will be using devouring or shatter arrows.

Entangling + Chain Gang still only does 75% weapon damage, it only damages the main target it hits.

If it was 300% every shot AND a slow, I promise you no one would use anything else.
Reply Quote
Because i was outta discipline running for my life and i was shooting in the direction i was running and the arrow does a 180 and hits the target behind me. That is why, i can shoot these puppies in any direction and they WILL hit! makes kiting even better.
Reply Quote
Actually chain gang does damage every enemy that gets tied up with it.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Calmthestorm
Actually chain gang does damage every enemy that gets tied up with it.
Reply Quote
Because they liked the Hunger Games :)
Reply Quote
Which one is it? Does dmg all targets hit or only the first target and not the additional CC targets?
The forums have conflicting information in a lot of threads
Reply Quote
Which one is it? Does dmg all targets hit or only the first target and not the additional CC targets?
The forums have conflicting information in a lot of threads

If it chains to a target it damages them. Try it out yourself, doesn't take long to get the skill. I've been using chain gang all the way through normal with impale for single target damage/CC.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
At low level I have both Hungering and Chain set. Cast 1-2 chain and hunger the crap out of them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]