Diablo® III

Does DH have good AoE?

I'm torn deciding what my secondary character will be. The DH looks so cool...but I was underwhelmed with her lack of AoE damage in the beta. Anyone think differently?
Reply Quote
51 Human Hunter
I haven't played the beta but i have studied hours of footage on the DH since it will be my only character. and i have to say they have Fan of Knives and some grenades and at lower levels don't seem to do a lot of damage but at higher levels seem to completely own!!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
05/14/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Demonhuntêr
I haven't played the beta but i have studied hours of footage on the DH since it will be my only character. and i have to say they have Fan of Knives and some grenades and at lower levels don't seem to do a lot of damage but at higher levels seem to completely own!!

Just out of curiosity, why would you limit yourself to one character?
Reply Quote
Twin chakram.
Reply Quote
Twin Chakram
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 03:04 PMPosted by SomeGirls
Twin chakram.

This.
Reply Quote
DH Has respectable Aoe, but as others have stated Twin Chakram is absolutely nasty. Takes a minute or so to get used to the targeting, but it does around 400% weapon damage per cast per target at a cost that you can basically spam.
Reply Quote
Ive been using Twin Chakram + 4x Snare arrow , flash of knives , vault & SS and it is a serious asskicking build .

I vault in , flash of knives , SS out start chakraming and then throwing snare arrows at any mobs that have snare wear off , only passive really needed for this is cull the week for the extra DPS bonus on snared mobs , which this is entirely based around
Reply Quote
If you are in normal you can just skip straight to spam chakram..lol
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Ball lightning. I like it more than twin chakram...but yeah, both abilities are gross.

In the late beta builds, demon hunter didn't have any AoE until level 10 and that was bola shot. In earlier builds, we actually got chakram and elemental arrow and our AoE was good.
Reply Quote
im using Rapid Fire as AOE :) im doin a half circle and all mobs are dead :)
Reply Quote
multi shot is the ultimate clearer for immediate results
Reply Quote
The Demon Hunter gets great AoE around Act 2. Before that, it's pretty bad.
Reply Quote
They get awesome Aoe near the end of normal multi shot and spike trap amazing and of course chakram
Reply Quote
Elemental Arrow with Ball Lightning rune.
Reply Quote
Twin Chakram.

I mean everyone is saying it, but the entire Chakram skill is excellent to the point of being OP, and no part moreso than Twin Chakram. Although I admit to wanting to test Razor Spiral/Boomerang when I hit those levels.

Bolas can be used for very high AOE DPS for a left click skill with a 130% AOE with a 14 yard radius using the very first unlocked rune. But there's some SERIOUS ease of use issues.
Reply Quote
My DH has excellent AOE.

Bola Shot + Explosive Rune
Chakram + Twin Chakram
Fan of Knives

^ 3 main skills (I'm level 20)
Reply Quote
DH has a huge amount of options for AOE, no doubt about it

Fan of knives (Self centered AOE)
Runed Impale (Linear projectile)
Elemental Arrow (Linear projectile)
Chakram (weird paths that change based on runes)
Spike traps (AoE traps)
Caltrops w/ rune (Deal damage+ground target slow)
Grenades
Rain of Vengeance
Multi shot
Bola Shot
High level runed hungering arrow has AoE on critical

...tons of options for AOE through DH's.
Reply Quote
at first I totally thought Rapid Fire would own everything... but apparently it starts to fail as group-wiper in the mid game (well, it's not designed to be AoE in the first place)... It still is good to use it on single target, but when you start to get swarmed, I would suggest Twin Chakram is the way to go... especially in dungeons where space is tight...

Currently I'm level 24 in Act 2... I start to lose the touch when I stay on Hungering Arrow and Rapid Fire... then I changed to Bola lightning + Twin Chakram, everything is piece of cake again...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]