Diablo® III

Can I pre-download the Collector's Edition?

I am picking up my collector's edition tomorrow morning. Can I download the client tonight, pick it up tomorrow and add my key to my account so I already have it installed?
Same client, no? I have heard conflicting answers.
Reply Quote
No.
Reply Quote
Same client. But you wont get perks. Those are unlocked w/ your key.
Reply Quote
Yes you can. I don't have the DL link, though. Someone else will come along with it.
Reply Quote
CE is the same client as normal edition.. only difference is the extras that come with it.
Reply Quote
Yes you can. Either have someone link it, or use your starter edition.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
It's the same client, Gane, you just won't have the in-game items (the banner sigil, the armor dyes, the angel wings, and the stuff for WoW and SC2) until you input your CE code.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Since I'm one of the 18 people that is typing a proper response right now..

Your account and the client are separate. The client is the same for everyone, you can pre-download it, however to install it you will need your key. The key defines what type of account you will have.

Pre-downloading simply saves you the time of loading it from the DVD.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
It's the same client as the standard edition, so just download and install the standard client and you are good to go.

CE stuff is activated on your account, not downloaded and installed.
Reply Quote
so...since the first question has been cleared up.....where can i download this client please???

is it the same client as the open beta client?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I am picking up my collector's edition tomorrow morning. Can I download the client tonight, pick it up tomorrow and add my key to my account so I already have it installed?
Same client, no? I have heard conflicting answers.

Yes there is a blue post about this. You will need to call to add CE thou.
Reply Quote
I have a feeling no one in this thread has actually done this? Not seeing an official blizzard download link anywhere. It does not appear on your account unless you purchase digitally.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]