Diablo® III

BLIZZARD!!!!! DUDE YOU GUYS NEED TO FIGURE...

YOU GUYS NEED TO FIGURE THE GAME OUT BEFORE RELEASE JESUS CHRIST IM ABOUT TO SAY I WANT MY MONEY BACK...
Edited by stonefighter#1147 on 5/15/2012 12:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
LOL U MAD DUDE
Reply Quote
5 Minutes. Gg
Reply Quote
I work 21 hour days with a !@#$ ton of stress. I dont want to worry about a game ive been waiting for since diablo 2....... So yes i might be mad but its not totally my fault.
Reply Quote
has it occured to you that its actually difficult to release a game perfectly, seing as it could actually be at your end?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
wtf? 21 hour days? I am a paramedic, i work more hours a week that just about all professions.... and i do maybe a 14 hour shift on a bad day... Were you really expecting the servers to be up and running 9 minutes after it went live?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
How can you not expect their servers to be bogged down minutes into release? Millions of people are trying to log in at once, I am sure.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's a good thing I play a non busy server game like World of Warcraft!

El oh El!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
blizzard is retarded and money hungray.. why pay for more servers??
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Indeed. Think of the servers as a funnel. only so much water can go through at once. and when alot of water gets pushed through (people) water flows over the edges. Knowing about how games and servers work would come in handy.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
game peopla have been waiting for for what...at least 10 years... you'd think they'd go for a few extra servers to take care of the release..
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Have you ever thought that the login and character creation process is something that they don't plan on millions of people doing at the exact same time besides now? They are not going to build a huge infrastructure just for logging in and character creation when it will never reach this kind of stress ever again.
Reply Quote
I don't think the instant gratification of a few customers warrents purchasing, setting up, and securing a million extra servers that will never be used again. Also its not like video game companies have unlimited bandwidth either...
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 12:17 AMPosted by Aryianna
Have you ever thought that the login and character creation process is something that they don't plan on millions of people doing at the exact same time besides now? They are not going to build a huge infrastructure just for logging in and character creation when it will never reach this kind of stress ever again.

What they should do (if technologically possible) is temporarily reallocate server resouces from SCII and WoW for the first hours after launch. I'm sure a good number of D3 players also play WoW/SC2 so those 2 games should have far fewer players than normal right now.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
here's an idea, buy the extra servers, use them at later launches, (and wishfully ALL previous launches...)
Reply Quote
While yelling and screaming like the TC doesn't really help, with the history of Blizzard obtaining and paying for servers for years, I'm sure they could work out an agreement to lease extra servers for a day with those that provide their servers. It isn't a buy the server and you're stuck with them (even if it is, they will have those additional servers to support future launch dates, though I guess with their launch schedules, they won't use them for 4-5 years at a time). Sure, it hits them in the wallet right away, but over the long term, it saves them from immediate bad press. I guess only releasing a game every 4-5 years pacifies the masses from remembering snafus like this, but still, why have the release day server curse over your head, which likely turns off many people from pre-ordering or buying around launch time? Customer service really is lacking now-a-days. I personally feel bad when I don't have or can't find a book for someone at Barnes and Noble, and that is usually out of my hands and can't be helped if a book is out of print or a previous customer jammed it in the wrong section. Blizzard (most likely the Activision side now) could have easily avoided this, but a few people decided a few more bucks in the pocket is worth the headache of dealing with the masses. I'm surprised Customer Service Reps stay on for Blizzard with launches like this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]