Diablo® III

Computer can't recognize CPU

85 Orc Death Knight
I've always had a kind of problem with my processor cause in any occasion it is mentioned as "AMD MODEL UNKNOWN" when it is actually a AMD Smart. It wasn't big deal back before 'cause it really didn't make any difference. But, the Diablo III launcher refuses to install, cause, as i "don't have an CPU" ( because the computer cant recognize it) my computer is below the minium system requirement. Therefore i can't install D3.

I don't know what to do, i've read something about upgrading my bios but i also read that was a risky process, any suggestion?

Sorry for my english, its not my first language, thanks for everything.
Reply Quote
Bitoquinha: We need to know what your CPU actually is (AMD Smart is not a CPU).

Press your Windows Key + R. (On your keyboard, together)

Type: dxdiag

Press OK.

If it asks a question, say No.

What does it say for "Processor:"?
Edited by VincentLaw#1115 on 5/14/2012 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
It says n/a
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
If i go through control panels > system and security > system

There stays Processor : AMD Processor Model Unknown 2.7 GHZ
Reply Quote
That's... not good.

Okay, can you tell us the Make, Model and Model Number of this PC? That might give us some more insight. If you're unsure, dxdiag might tell you (System Manufacturer and System Model).
Reply Quote
Does it show-up as unknown in hardware manager? If so, update your chipset drivers.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
@VincentLaw

Manufacturer : FOXCONN
System Model: A6VMX

I don't know if thats valuable info but i bought the parts and built the computer myself. I believe the processor is a AMD Senprom type, still looking for exact model tho.

>>EDIT: Im almost sure its the AMD Senprom 140

@Volstag

Yes, stays the same " AMD processor model unknown" in hardware manager

How can i update my chipset drivers then?
Edited by Vic#1401 on 5/14/2012 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You'll need to go to FOXCONN's website and download the chipset drivers for your motherboard. Otherwise, your motherboard should have come with a CD with drivers on it. They would work as well (although they would be older).
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Chipset Driver instalation can be run normally like any installer or is it a risky process?

--
Downloading this:
A6VMX AMD Chipset Driver for Win7. 8.593.100.6 103MB 1/28/2010

from here:
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/ProductDetail.aspx?T=motherboard&U=en-us0000346

the right one?
Edited by Vic#1401 on 5/14/2012 6:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd disable any anti-virus apps, close running programs, etc. It should go fine.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Just upgraded my chipset drivers, now my computer can recognize the processor, but the installer still says it is below system requirement. It may actually be, but i played the beta with no worries, what should i do?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]