Diablo® III

my screen is pitch black.

hi all, i've installed the game and everything is working as normal with the cinematics and all.

but now when i try to play the game, my screen goes pitch black with background music, i know that the server won't be up for another 6 hours, but is this normal?

i got a message to update my driver for the graphics card (which i did already)
but it's still the same thing

Anyone care to enlighten me here?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
AFK
are you using a mac?
Reply Quote
are using old mac drivers/old video/card drivers"?
Reply Quote
nope, i just bought my computer

All-In-One PC Dell inspiron Core i5.

i could see the login page just for a while before that.
Reply Quote
and my graphics card is GeForce GT 525M.

Should be working fine right??

anyway, what's the screen like for those of you who have installed correctly and just wait for the server to go online?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I also have this problem. I have an HP with AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8 GHZ with an AMD Radeon HD 6570.

Runs WoW at full settings, but when i hit play for D3 the screen goes black but plays the audio fine.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
You can try running it in Windowed mode. That is what I had to do to fix the error on my PC during Beta.

a. Navigate to My Documents -->Diablo III -->D3Prefs.txt
b. Edit DisplayModeWindowMode "0" to say DisplayModeWindowMode "1"
c. SAVE

Restart your game and hope for the best!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
pucco888 i have the same computer with same issue. just posted about it. If you go on launcher and hit Reset Game Settings it will retake you through cinematic and to the login screen. However every login after that it goes black. Have to keep hitting the button.

I am going to be pissed if once I login I am running around with a Black Screen!

I don't know if this Geforce 525M is supported or what.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I even went into the Nvidia control panel and defualted the nvidia processor to handle D3 and D3 installer. Did the game preferences reset and same thing again.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Try running it in windowed mode like I suggested and see if it helps. It can't hurt anything to try.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Reset game settings didn't work for me, but running in windowed mode did work. When I got to the main screen I changed it to full windowed and it's working so far.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Windowed mode works!
Reply Quote
meandesign, thanks for the info... i will try it later... but if we have to hit reset everytime we want to play, it's quite troublesome right? geforce gt525m should be supported.

misscheetah, is it safe to do that? and did you encounter the problem again?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
I've got this issue too. What if I don't want to run in windowed mode?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I guess we will have to do that for full display until the issue is resolved. I might call the blizzard line tomorrow while running through normal and at least report the issue Pucco888
Reply Quote
windowed mode works!!!

Thanks MissCheetah!
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
pucco888 - It is COMPLETELY safe and a forum support agent here also suggested it to a player with this issue. I never took it out of windowed mode after that because I have a VERY marginal computer. You would have to play with it and see.

For those who do not like windowed mode - there is a full screen windowed mode available. Other than that, it may be the only option that lets us play until/unless they find a real fix for it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
How do I access this "Full Screen" windowed mode? I am going to be fighting with my task bar!
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Once you get to the log in screen select "Options" from the menu on the left. You can do this now without logging into the game. There should be some video options there that you can play with from a drop down menu. One of them is Full Screen Windowed if I remember correctly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]